6. a date?

6:05 pm , same night

"how are you this bad at math..." you hadn't been on the phone with akaashi for very long, but somehow you two were already comfortable and had gotten through the initial awkwardness of a first call.

"y/n, don't give me a hard time about this." you giggled at the boys annoyed response. you attempted to help him out with his homework, but your help clearly wasn't very affective.

"maybe i wouldn't have to if you didn't suck..." you teased. you could hear the boy scoff through the phone, which you laughed at.

akaashi blushed behind the screen. he didn't suck at math. he'd learned a thing or two from cady heron. he didn't know if it'd work for guys, but he was willing to try it. (iykyk)

"akaashi i swear i'm not even good at this type of stuff, i don't know how i'm managing to help you." you just kept teasing him.

"alright y/n, whatever. just help me out." you could've sworn this boy was good in algebra. you were pretty sure you could recall him being called on in class and being right. what was going on? not to mention, you were getting ready to explode if he kept saying your name.

for the next couple hours, you two kept working on assignments and getting to know each other more. around 9:00, you finally hung up and decided to call it a night.

akaashi k 😉

so
y/n
we never clarified how that cafe thing was gonna go

oh yea
ur right

sooo
any ideas?

idrk 😞
i don't go out a lot ⁉️

honestly neither do i
but we could just
take the train maybe?
wait i have a car

YOU DO??
YOU DRIVE?

yeah idk why i forgot
but after school tmr i'll drive us there
the cafe isn't too far

alr cool
ur doing this to prove you aren't racist?

i mean sure 😭
it could also be like
a date if u want

A DATE⁉️

i'm moving way too fast
sorry sorry
i don't want you to be uncomfortable
idk what i'm doing 😭

one moment 😁

ok?

___

you sat up from your seat at your desk, ran out of your room, and ran to naimas. you aggressively banged on her door in excitement.

"don't you ever bang on my door like that-" she swung her door open then saw your smiling face and cut herself off.

"ooh, what happened?" she asked, suddenly interested. she patted a spot on her bed and gestured for you to sit down with her.

"akaashi happened." you giggled and plopped down on her bed. naimas eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed.

"huh? have y'all been talkin' or somethin?" you eagerly nodded your head and she gasped dramatically.

"i got his number bro! we're boutta go to this new cafe tomorrow, AND ITS HELLO KITTY THEMED!" you exclaimed.

"y/n, take your time with this nigga. i'm being serious, i know you don't have hella experience with dudes, but like... just don't move too fast, okay? and don't even take that to heart because you know i'm right." her whole mood switched when she said that, and you narrowed your eyes at her.

"i'm not taking shit from someone who fucked on the first date." you playfully muttered, causing your best friends eyes to widen. she suddenly started attacking you with the pillows on her bed.

"you take that shit back!" she yelled, hitting you between every word she said. the two of you were laughing and giggling, having a mini pillow fight.

"wait a minute."she paused and put her pillow down.

"what?"

"did he pick the café?"

"yeah?"

"and it's hello kitty themed? are you sure he's not..." she flicked her wrist down and your eyes widened.

"i mean... shit i don't know..."

"..."

"...anyways"

a/n
naima lwk the best friend i need
and this chapter is hella short mb it's kinda a filler