Snakebites

"MAX!" A voice yelled from outside.

Who the fuck?
There was a red minivan outside, with a license plate that said; "MS B.JU

Ronnie was waving out the window.
How did they find where I live?

"Get in mother fucker! We're taking you to school!" Robert screamed.
"Ah- Uh- one second!" Max yelled back.

He threw on a fresh shirt and ran out the door. His mom had already gone to work.

"How'd you guys find where I live?"
Max said, mildly alarmed.

"Lucky guess." Monte shrugged.

"Rob. ROB!" Ronnie pestered
Robert, who was driving.
"What the FUCK do you want?"
Robert shouted.

"Can we get Starbucks?" Ronnie pleaded.
"Do you have money for Starbucks, Ronald?" Robert questioned.
"No..." Ronnie looked away.

"Here." Monte tossed a bottle back to him from the passenger seat, it was Smirnoff Lemonade.

"OH YEAH." Ronnie exclaimed.
Ronnie passed the bottle to Max. He took a sip. It wasn't bad, so he took another one.

"Dancing Through Sunday" by AFI was blasting out of the speakers, probably at the highest volume possible.

"Hey, guys, I- uh think we passed school." Max turned his head to look at the school getting farther and farther away.

"You didn't really think we were actually going, right?" Robert said, turning to look at Max.

Max just took another sip of the Smirnoff.

Eventually they pulled into a shopping center parking lot, more specifically, a Sally Beauty Supply.

"What are we doing here?" Max asked.

"Brace yourself, Virgin... you're about to become a new man." Ronnie said. puttin his hand on Max's shoulder.

Monte ran straight to the hair dye isle.

Monte was holding up boxes of hair dye to Max's head.
"His hair's light enough to do a fun color...What do you think, Ronnie?"

"Just do black, dude. We don't want him to look TOO faggy." Ronnie replied looking over from the eyeliner.

Faggy, a word max was all too familiar with. His eyes had widened in fear when he heard Ronnie say that.

Max just laughed it off.

"You have piercing needles at your house, right Ronnie?" Monte yelled half way across the store.

"Yeah! What were we thinking?"
Ronnie yelled back.

"Snake bites. Maybe a side nostril on the left." Monte answered.

To be honest, Max was excited. He didn't even know this was going to happen.

"Wait," Robert interjected, "All this is cool with your mom, right, Max?"

"Probably, I mean, ask for forgiveness later, right?" Max tried to match the attitude of the group.

"Hell yeah, dude." Ronnie grabbed the hair dye from Monte and walked up to the register to pay.

Max was confused, once again. But, he was excited, even if Ronnie and the guys didn't even ask if they could give him a makeover.

Max was self aware enough to admit he needed one.

They all piled back into the car and drove to Ronnie's house to pick up the piercing needles, then to Monte's to start the emo-fication of Maxwell Scott Green.