The day everything changed - Chapter I

Y/N P.O.V.

I hate field trips. I mean could you imagine this ? 25 students jammed into a tiny school bus to drive somewhere to supposedly learn something we will never need in our real life. I mean like yeah, good to know that a couple thousand years ago, humans believed there was an an actual higher power above them, called gods.

Sure if it makes you happy, believe in what you want, but please don't come crying back to me, if you screw up in life, because you made the wrong choice.

Look I don't want to be philosophical, but believing into something that has been proven to not exist, is something that earns you no respect and most of the time you are put into a clinic for mental illness.

At the very least I'm glad that my friend Christopher is with me, or I would've gone crazy. We both have gone to the same school for three years now, a school called Fairpoint Academy.

It's a school for problem children, that can't go to any other school, because they were expelled one time to often, had problems with being in a classroom too long or were just being the victim of the other kids for most of their recent lives. Christopher is here because his leg muscles didn't develop correctly which makes him unable to do anything sports related, on top of that he has to walk with crutches.

I'm here because no other school accepted me after they found out that most of my relatives are unknown and both mom and dad are missing. Also, because of some stories that leaked out, about some controversy of my dad being a runaway, other students are badmouthing me causing many disputes and the schools were forced to let me go.

Despite that though, Fairpoint somehow had it unter complete control and we could enjoy school.

But somehow this school year started weird. Our latin teacher got sick and we had to get another latin teacher from a different school, which accompanied us on the field trip, together with Mr. Smith. Now Mr. Smith is actually my favourite teacher, even though he teaches the subject I'm the worst at: math.

Suddenly i was rudely interrupted from my monologue in front of the athena temple replica, by the aforementioned latin teacher Ms. McClanahan, who pulled Christopher and me to the side.

Almost instantly Christopher pulled out his cell phone and messaged someone. I never bothered myself to buy one myself. Never would've used them, because i just don't see the appeal in those things. And although money was not the problem I could not fancy these technical devices.

As I lost myself in thinking I somehow was interrupted again, this time although from a bright flash and blood curling scream. It seems that Ms. McClanahan had transformed her lower body completely and where her skin once was, where now scaly legs with sharp claws at the end. While I was making this observation Christopher hardly pulled on my back and made me dodge a lunging attempt from the monster who once was Ms. McClanahan.

The how and why where flying wildly through my head and where definitely stored as questions for later, even if this would turn out as the wildest dream ever.

Christopher: " Shit, It's the lamia.... I know they are hellbound to kill half bloods, i thought we still had time on our hands. You know, back in time as Zeus and Hera were together, Zeus would cheat constantly on her and this was one of those cases. Hera was mad enough to tear lamias children apart directly in front of her which drove her mad, so she promised to kill every mother's children."

He just said that in the most normal voice ever and i would almost have believed him right then and there. But wait just a second....

Y/N: " But lamia was the queen of libya thousands of years ago ! Even if I would believe you that she exists, she died way before our family thought about us. "

Suddenly my eyes flared up, it was as if I could now see the creature, that once was Ms. McClanahan in all of it's deeply ugly glory, additionally I felt an overwhelming adrenaline rush as if it was just natural for me to be in such a situation. Then my eyes saw some sort of neural network overlap on her body, which looked really fascinating.

Then suddenly the monster charged and my body reacted as it shouldn't have: by dodging out of the way, while christopher threw his crutches at it, hitting it hard at the temples. I managed to sneak behind it, while it was stunned and thrust my pocket knife, which had a bronze tint to the blade, into a big lump on her throat that effectively turned the monster into gold dust.

Then the adrenaline stopped and I suddenly realized what I did, but Christopher left me no time to be shocked nor did he let me time to breathe. After retrieving his crutches, he ushered me out of the museum to the parking lot.

Christopher: " Come on Y/N, we don't have time, they now know about you !"

Y/N: " Who knows what about me ? Christopher, you don't make any sense right now, speak normal english please."

Christopher: " No time Y/N, I already called your uncle to bring us to the camp I talked about half a year ago."

Right, he talked about a camp where he resides during summer...... Wait he called my uncle ?

We ran out of the museum to the car, which honked it's horn to get our attention. The ride towards Long Island was quiet, between me not wanting to, Christopher not knowing how to and my uncle not knowing what about to talk.

My uncle brought the car to a still stand, so Christopher and i could climb out of the car and go up the hill. As my uncle drove away i wanted to talk to Christopher but he motioned that my questions would be answered later and so we both walked quietly up to the huge pine tree.

As we reached the tree, a huge valley opened up with strawberry fields as we seemingly passed a barrier sorrounding the valley. Large greek structures seemingly built variously around a huge campfire with one big house almost at the top of the hill. He dragged towards the big house where two people played a game of cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the first chapter.

Please remember this is my first fanfiction so it's far from perfect.

Let me know what you think about it.