1. Man, Fuck 2020

One thing has always been certain for most high school students across the country: your sleep schedule will no doubt get ruined during the summer.

And of course, another certain fact is that many procrastinate on fixing it until last minute, so for students like Park Jisung, who just never end up doing it, you start getting ready to go to sleep at 6 am, ready for a good night sleep, only to discover your alarm is ringing when you're brushing your teeth before bed.

Oh no.

"You got to be kidding me!" Jisung yelled at himself to the bathroom mirror, gripping the toothbrush in his hand tightly. "I can't go to school like- like this!"

Why, you ask? Because mister bright Jisung over here had been playing Minecraft with his friend Mark Lee for the past four hours, after having his third dinner at 2 am, and he could feel the eyebags under his eyes that were supposed to go away after sleeping, but now that obviously won't happen.

He turned off his alarm after it shrilled for over a minute, and brushed his teeth in anger. This was not how you were supposed to start sophomore year.

Not even five minutes after his alarm rang, when Jisung changed out of his pajamas that he wore for fifteen minutes into his school clothes, his phone starting blaring again, this time the Nex7 song Wait A Minute playing throughout his room.

He knew exactly who that was.

Rubbing his eyes for a good five seconds, Jisung picked up his phone and pressed the button accepting the call, pulling the phone up to his ear. "DON'T! YOU DARE!"

"What do you mean, don't you dare?!" Chen Le screamed from the receiver end. "I wasn't going to say anything, I was going to ask a favor!"

"I am sleep deprived, my dear best friend," Jisung explained. "And I am about to combust."

He didn't hear anything from Chen Le immediately, so he took advantage of that to put his phone on speaker and throw it on his bed, grumbling again as he looked underneath his bed for his favorite sneakers.

"JISUNG!" he heard Chen Le yell from the phone. "Can I ask you for the favor now?"

Jisung grabbed ths shoes and sat down on the bed, untying the laces. "Go ahead, nothing else will kill me," he muttered. "Like those aliens last year."

Ah, yes, the aliens, or what the world has dubbed as the Korean Terrorist Attacks of 2020, when aliens came to Earth and it was cool for five minutes until they tried to kill them. Ah, good times.

Well, not really. Jisung now has some scars on his arms from when they tried to kill an alien with acid and some got onto him, but his main concern was why the hell did they have that on school property. Good thing that the government paid for the hospital bills, though.

"OKAY!" Chen Le yelled. "Open your window!"

"Open my- what the fuck?" Jisung picked up the phone off his bed, yelling at it. "What did you say??"

He didn't get a response, instead, hearing a sudden tap on the glass of the window, which was covered with curtains.

Jisung pulled them away, suddenly struck with Chen Le's face behind the glass, his phone against his ear. He had on his big grin as always, and he was already dressed for school.

He pulled the curtains away, unlatching the latches on the window before pulling them up, successfully opening the window. "How long have you been up?" he asked Chen Le, who gave him a wave.

"That's the thing!" Chen Le said. "I never went to sleep! I was just so excited, I couldn't sleep at all."

"Oh, this is about to be a fun day," Jisung muttered, stepping away from the window to let Chen Le come in. "I was brushing my teeth to go to bed when my alarm rang."