CH 20: A Devil in the Mist

(A/N) Hello All, I've finally finished this chapter after over a month of writing and re-writing, I hope you enjoy it.

Unfortunately, Wattpad doesn't like the images I upload and no matter how many times I've resized or recompressed, they always come out blurry. I've done what I could to fix this, however, it's not perfect as you can clearly tell.

I suggest you use Pinterest to see the fully scaled version. If anyone has any knowledge on how to fix this, please feel free to tell me since this has been a pain in my side for a while now. 

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

From the heart of the encroaching mist, a towering figure emerged, his face concealed behind an obsidian mask that emanated a palpable sense of malevolence. A chilling sensation of dread coiled in Kosuke's gut as the man drew nearer.

"It's been so long since I've seen you. I can hardly recognize you," the figure spoke, his voice strangely calming despite the sinister surroundings.

Despite being ensnared in the oppressive red mist, Kosuke's body quivered with fear. The man was only known to him through dreams, and the reality of their encounter sent shivers down his spine.

The figure extended a hand, a surprisingly gentle touch as it came to rest on Kosuke's head, evoking a sense of paternal comfort. "There's no need to be afraid," he reassured. "I've brought you here to converse, and nothing more..." His voice grew softer, tinged with sentimentality. "You've certainly matured since the last time I laid eyes on you." He continued to tousle Kosuke's hair, stirring an indescribable warmth within his chest and igniting a tumult of emotions, leaving him in a state of unease.

Kosuke snapped his head away, discomforted by the sensations welling up in his chest from the man's touch.

Amusement danced in the figure's words as Kosuke shot him a defiant glare. "That's quite the intimidating look you're giving me." He chuckled. "Back then, you used to love it when I patted your head; how times have changed..."

His tone shifted, hinting at a slight feeling of betrayal, "...Now, you stand against me, tainted by those 'heroes' and their 'noble' values... My son."

Kosuke winced at that moniker. He was not ready to accept being the son of a 'demon' even if he knew it to be true.

 He was not ready to accept being the son of a 'demon' even if he knew it to be true