🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 30

♬ Before I met you, I never felt good enough
Before I let you, in, I'd already given up ♬

Zoey Cloutier POV

The next day I woke up as Lance's arm was wrapped around my waist as he held me close. I know he meant no harm, he thought he was given proof, I get his side. I reviewed my talk with Lawrence yesterday when Lance could be hearing us and it was suspicious, I accepted it. But Raquel has no business in starting rumors like that on a wedding. This went too far.

"Good morning ma belle" He says as he kisses my cheek.

"Good morning baby" I answer back as I turn to him and I see the relief on his face.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks nervously and I shake my head.

"Not really, I thought about it and what you could've heard and I understand that it sounds suspicious, I am mad at Raquel because she has been accusing him, she has been staring at me and insulting me around. But when it was time to talk she decided to go to you before she talked to me. That is unacceptable" I say as I sat down and he does the same.

"I will talk to my dad and try to stop any further damages she might try to cause. I truly hope she only came to talk to me" He says as he tried to tame his hair.

"No, we will talk to him. I have to say something, he will just be mad and nothing will be resolved"

"Fine by me. Maybe I can invite him to brunch, it's 11 AM, the perfect time for it" He says as he kisses my cheek and gets out of bed.

I agreed to he texted his dad to meet us at a place close by, we got ready and arrived at the same time as he did. We ordered the food and drinks, made some small talk, ate and silent struck the table.

"Something was obviously wrong yesterday. What happened?" He asks alternating between looking at me and looking at Lance.

"Your wife" I say with some harshness to my tone and he looks surprised.

"What did she do?" He asks confusedly.

"She came to me and told me all her theory about you two having an affair and sleeping together. She mentioned Wednesday, I heard you talking and I put 2 and 2 together" Lance says and I watch as Lawrence looks almost disgusted.

"I am so sorry, she has been impossible to handle lately. She convinced herself of that but she has no proof because it never happened. I have everything ready to go ahead with the divorce while your sister is in her honeymoon. Do you think she told anyone else?" He asks worriedly and Lance shrugs.

"I have no idea. But why did you ask Zoey if this was just sex or love? It seemed like there was interest" Lance says and I almost wanted to throw up again.

"No! No way. I was wasted, I guess I just wanted a fight to see if I could leave the wedding and stop taking Raquel's threatening looks" He is honest and Lance nods, he knows the dad he has.

"You need to stop her from going around and inventing these types of things. Maybe this is some kind of projection, maybe she is the one who cheated and with my appearance, she thought she found a way to switch it on you to try to take some money on the divorce. Accusations of infidelity don't come up out of the blue." I was demanding he take some action because I was done with this.

"I will get a detective, if she starts spreading this rumor after the divorce to get attention I can use the proof of her cheating. Something has to be found if that is the case. And I will do everything in my power to stop her from going around and badmouthing us. Her talking to my son is already too much" Lawrence was mad and so were we, this should've never happened.

"And don't ever ask her to keep your secrets, this almost fucked our relationship. I never thought I would have such disgusting images in my mind" Lance says as we got up to pay and I try not to laugh.

"We both threw up because of this. This is completely out of the blue, I never thought she would take her theories this far, but you need to take care of this sooner than later" I say before we started walking to the hotel. Lawrence for the brunch, which is the least he can do.

"I am sorry for causing problems in your relationship, she is unraveling and I have to care of it before it ruins our reputations for nothing. I tried my best to not go to my second divorce but it is what it is. Call me if something happens or if you need something. I will now call the detective and see what is happening" He says as we are in front of the hotel.

"We will, see you around" Lance says giving his dad a little slap on his back and I try not to laugh.

"Bye Lawrence" I say before he got into the hotel.

"Time to see the places around?" He asks and I nod happily.

I held his hand and off we went, we visited two museums, ate the most delicious pizza and gelato I've ever had in my life and everyone seemed to be back to normal. I can't believe that a day that was supposed to be so special turned into such a dramatic evening. I am glad Chloe and Scotty didn't seem to notice what happened. I would've been crushed if they did.

When we got to the hotel we made sure to enjoy the huge bath to make some more exciting things with Venice as our view. It's a better way to end the night.