Act II

It is the Kakusei era, year 3XXX.

The world has undergone a drastic change due to the series of global conflict, ecological disasters, and the advancement of technology. Modern civilization had long collapsed and the merging of countries, increase in oligarchs and totalitarian regimes, corruption, and warfare was rampant.

Left alone, uninterrupted without pause, was a world unbeknownst to those fortunate; a world filled with demons and those who slay them.

MEDIA DICTIONARY
* Thoughts
* "Dialogue."
* 'Telepathic dialogue.'
* "Past conversation."

┍━ 【❀】 ━┑

CHAPTER FIVE

HIMARI

Himari faced a dilemma while getting ready for her date with Tsukihiko as she struggled to decide on her outfit. She sifted through the collection of high-end, trendy garments that he had bought for her, and amidst the pile, she discovered a black cocktail dress.

What a pretty dress. I do not remember receiving this from Tsukihiko.

In front of the mirror, Himari frowned as she held up the dress.

Oh, my, this does not appear to suit me at all!

Believing that the dress would enhance her appearance, she decided to wear it. However, as she looked at herself in the mirror, her dissatisfaction grew. She became self-conscious about her figure, perceiving it as shapeless and terribly frail in the dress. Moreover, she felt uneasy about the dress's short length and how immodest it was. Just as Himari was about to remove the dress, she began to realize that it was no coincidence that such a dress was in her possession.

No, no, no, I must not think badly about the dress nor how I look. Finding this dress was not a mistake; Tsukihiko-san gave me this dress for a reason. He is testing me because he wants to know if I am confident in myself!

Tsukihiko Kobayashi undeniably exerted a significant influence on Himari. The man made her feel beautiful, wanted, and desired, unlike any other. It was only natural for Himari to hold him in high regard and yearn for his continued approval, striving never to never disappoint him.

Himari adorned her attire with black flats with silver buckles. Standing before the mirror, she held her head high and placed her hands on her hips, feeling a profound sense of contentment, self-assurance, and a strong desire to make a lasting impression on the man who captured her heart.

I am ready for you, Tsukihiko-san.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Himari and Tsukihiko found themselves seated in a booth at an upscale restaurant. The flickering candle between them cast a mesmerizing dance of light, creating an ambiance of silence that stretched on indefinitely.

"You appear to be uncomfortable," Tsukihiko commented, rubbing his finger along the rim of his glass of sake.

"Uncomfortable?" Himari asked questionably. "What makes you think that, Tsukihiko-san?"

"I can feel you bouncing your leg underneath the table, to begin with," he laughed.

Embarrassed, Himari covered her mouth and looked away in shame. "Oh, my... I guess I am a little anxious."

"Why is that?"

"Because I was nervous about what you would think of me when you saw me," she muttered, her head low. "It took a lot for me to put on this dress, Tsukihiko-san. It is a beautiful dress, but I do not think that I am doing this dress any favors..."