Mary on a cross

Title has literally no reference to the chapter, there are three chapters left and it's an absolute banger so enjoy it regardless.

Kobra's POV

Today was perfect. Everything had been perfect. Y/K/N loved the party, and everyone being there made it so much better. The girl loved it too, it was good to see her. Everyone crashed for the night, staying in spare rooms, or just on the floor whereever they could get. We pulled out some mats and slept on the floor so the Girl could take out bed, me and Y/K/N sharing the mats we found on the bed beside her. I guess this is kind of the kids room, we are the youngest and I know that the guys consider me and Y/K/N the kids of the group. It's weird, like being put at the kids table at christmas. Even if we were younger, I don't think it would be fair to call us kids after everything we've done and seen. But they have claimed our room as the kids room. Either that or The Girl knew that we were the only ones willing to give up our bed for her.

My arm was around Y/K/N, gently stroking the skin on their arm as we both tired, hoping soon to drift off to sleep. We waited a few minutes in peace, before the girl moved and turned to look at us, lifting her head a little so we could see her clearer. "I can't sleep." She whispered. Y/K/N, at that point half asleep, moved their head a little and looked over to the Girl. "That sucks." They sat up and playfully pushed the Girl back so she was lying down. "Guess you better shut your eyes then you might be able to sleep." She smiled a little in the darkness. "But I'm not tired." She giggled so Y/K/N smiled.

Y/K/N paused for a second, before standing up and looking down the corridor. "I think the girl might finally be old enough." They started, I knew what they meant. "For what?" She sat back up.
"I agree." I said, standing up too.

They knelt down infront of the bed and looked to the Girl. "We're going to show you a place, a very secret place that no one else knows about. Me and Kobra have been talking about it for a long time and we've decided that we want you to know about the secret place. But you have to promise that you will never ever tell anyone else about it." She nodded. "Okay," They moved over and opened the window. "Grab the top of the window and step on the missing bricks, I'll pull you up at the top, okay?" She nodded and Y/K/N climbed out of the window. Just a moment later, Kobra helped The Girl out and they pulled her onto the roof.

She looked around, obviously it was only a roof but they decorated it. It was their roof and no one elses. "This is awesome!" She looked around, admiring what they had done to make a once bare and unoccupied area into a den, a second home. "And whenever you come here, we all get to hang out up here with no one else. We make our own rules, we can do what we want and they can't stop us." She wrapped her arms around both Y/K/N and Kobra, "Thank you so much!" They smiled.