𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | engagement

"HEY, ALYA DID YOU GET YOUR INVITE FOR FELIX AND KAGAMI'S ENGAGEMENT PARTY?" Marinette asks Alya over the phone.

"Yeah, I did, but Nino and I are going to be out of town for it. We're celebrating our anniversary, and we're leaving tomorrow." Alya responds on the other line.

"Woww, good for you. You think he'd propose?" Marinette smugly says.

"Marinette!"

"What? You've been together for eleven years, Alya. Don't you think he'd pop the question by now?"

Alya paused on the other end, before speaking, "Well.. maybe. But I don't want to put any pressure on him, okay? If he does it, cool! If he doesn't, that's fine too." She then smirks, "But, enough about me: What's going on with you and the blondie?"

Marinette froze at the thought, "Nothing's going on. Even if I did like him, which I totally do not, by the way, there are no feelings on the other side."

"Hm, are you sure about that?" Alya mentioned, raising her eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you guys are going to that party tomorrow. And Felix and Kagami, being who they are, they probably haven't invited many guests our age.. So I'm sure you two will be spending a lot of time together."

Now it was Marinette's turn to get annoyed with her friend, "Alya!"

"Oh, come on, is it really that bad to fall in love with Adrien Agreste?"

It's bad to fall in love with Chadrien Noigreste.

"Yes, Alya. I can't fall back into the same trap my 14 year-old self did." Marinette pointed out, sighing.

"Well, you never get over your first love. I know that you still like him, Marinette, you're just in denial." Alya chuckles, "If anything happens tomorrow, just remember that I told you so."

"Alya.." Marinette groaned.

"I've got to pack now, see you later!" Alya said quickly before she could hear any of Marinette's reasoning and hung up.

•★★★•

Adrien arrived at the ballroom that Kagami and Felix had rented out for that evening. The invitations had explicitly said to wear something nice (aka something expensive) in either black or white. But, Adrien sort of felt like pissing off Felix today, so he showed up in a casual, black, button up shirt with the top two buttons undone, black pants, a black tie, and a black belt. He should've gone all out and worn an expensive tuxedo, but getting under Felix's skin was worth it.

He walked through the large, double doors and made his way to the happy couple, "Felix."

His cousin quickly looked him up and down, assessing his attire, "Adrien." He fought himself to try and not belittle the other blond due to his outfit and just bit his own tongue to stop him from doing so.

Kagami then tuned into the conversation, giving one of her oh-so iconic smiles, "Hello, Adrien, how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks, and you?" Adrien asked.

"Well, I'm engaged, so I think I'm doing great." Kagami responded. Felix was about to add something about this topic but then they heard Marinette, who rushed through the door. She stopped at the entrance to smooth down her stunning black dress, and calmly made her way over to Adrien and the others.

"Hey, guys." She said, trying to act cool. It wasn't working.

"Hello, Marinette. Late as always?" Felix asked, chuckling.