𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 | bet

ADRIEN was laying on his bed, listening to music when his phone rang. He sat up and glanced over at his phone, and the name "Marinette" flashed on the screen, yearning for a video call. The blond snatched the phone and pressed the button to answer the call.

"Adrien!" Marinette squealed on the other end, "Did you get it?"

The boy raised his eyebrows, confused, ".. Did I get what?"

Marinette groaned in response, "The letter, you idiot! The invitation to the wedding?"

"Oh my god." Adrien gets up and out of bed, and quickly rushes to his mailbox to redeem the letter. As soon as he is back inside the penthouse, he sits down on the couch and props up his phone against a couple of books to give Marinette a full view of him and the letter.

"Ready?" He asks, now holding up the invitation.

"Ready." Marinette responds. The two then start to tear open the envelopes, retrieving the letter. The design is very elegant, the paper a strong, bold white and the border a beautiful gold. Adrien and Marinette's eyes scan the paper, their eyes both widening around the same time.

"I'm the best man? What kind of prank is Felix trying to pull on me?" Adrien announces, scoffing and tossing the invitation to the side.

"Oh, cmon, maybe he feels bad after the argument. Plus, it's not like he has anyone else.." Marinette pauses, realizing that she's not helping, "But, you don't really have a choice, you know. Because.. guess who the maid of honor is!"

Adrien rolls his eyes, "You're kidding."

"Nope."

"Fuck off," Adrien chuckles and throws his head back, "Do I really have to?"

Marinette smirks, "A deal's a deal, Agreste."

Adrien sighs, "Fine. But only because of you." He reaches to his side and grabs the letter once again, re-reading everything. Then, his expression changes, "The wedding's in—what, less than a week? It's crazy how fast rich people will get married, goddamn."

Marinette giggles, "Well, you work under pressure, right? This is good for you, since there's a certain speech that needs to be written.."

Adrien looks up at his phone and stares down Marinette dead in the eyes, except he technically isn't because he isn't looking directly into the camera, "Is the speech required or optional?"

"Yes, Adrien. Oh cmon, it's not that bad, just do it. Be the bigger person." Marinette reminds him, "And don't worry, I'll be there, along with Alya and Nino. We got your back."

"Thanks, Mari."

•★★★•

Adrien arrives at the wedding venue, showing up in an actual suit and tie. He immediately scans the room for Marinette, Nino, or Alya. He needs one of them to console him, because he knew that his cousin was waiting in the other room. Alya and Nino were a no show; They probably hadn't arrived yet because they were only a bridesmaid and groomsmen, so they were appearing a little bit later. Luckily, Adrien spotted Marinette.

She was wearing a gorgeous long, red maxi dress that shimmered in the light and stuck to her body. It was beautiful on her, and complimented her eyes in some weird way that Adrien couldn't explain. He found himself staring for a bit, but then shook it off and started dashing over there.

"Mari, oh, thank god you're here." Adrien says, practically hyperventilating.

"Woah, Adrikins, calm down." Marinette says in a teasing tone, chuckling.