Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Billie’s P.O.V

Everyone stopped playing, we didn’t know what to do, we couldn’t go running through the crowd to find her, I looked over to find Adie beginning to cry, my mum was comforting her and Joey was still looking,

‘GRACE!’ I was screaming, desperation in my voice, I felt myself begin to shake,.

I ran off the stage throwing Blue down and legging it down the steps, I could hear Mike and Tre behind me

‘Wait Mr Armstrong!’ I heard one of the stage hands shout and try to stop me, I just ignored him and carried on running, I felt adrenaline running through my body.

I ran out the back I ran past my car and something caught my eye, something was in my window screen, I ran over and snatched it.

Don’t go taking things that aren’t yours….

I looked down at the note and just kept re-reading it until I couldn’t see through my tears,

‘Billie…’ I heard Mike run over, he was out of breath and placed his hand on my shoulder

‘He has her…’ my voice was more of a whimper

‘Who does?’ Mike sounded confused

‘Dan… h-he took her…’ I felt more tears begin to escape

Everything went silent and Mike slowly pulled his hand away, all that could be heard was my sullen sobs

‘No… No, h-he can’t have her… no… BILLIE!’ I Looked up to find Mike now crying and pulling at his hair, I just sat and hung my head,

Mike carried on crying between cursing…. Tre had come up red watery eyed and sat beside me resting his head on my shoulder….

‘W-what we gunna d-do Billie?’ I heard Tre whisper

I lifted my head back and closed my eyes, letting the cold breeze wash over my stinging eyes

‘Find her.’ I snapped before standing up

‘Were with you Beej’ Mike nodded and Tre stood next to me

Graces P.O.V

No matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t get him to loosen his grip,

‘GET OFF!’ I screamed as he dragged me through the car park

‘SHUT THE FUCK UP!’ he spat at me and carried on pulling me, I tripped over a paving slab and fell to my knees, but he didn’t stop dragging me, my knees scrapped across the concrete, I screamed in pain, but he didn’t stop….

When we reached his car he swung me round and flung me into the back, as I crashed into the metal wall I felt my ribs crush and pain ripped through me,

‘Sit tight…. Won’t be too long now princess’ his voice was menacing

I just whimpered, I knew he was going to kill me, a couple of months ago I would have welcomed my fate, but now… I have so much to live for, I have a family that actually cares about me, I remembered Joey asking me to jam with him and his band on Tuesday, now knowing it won’t happen tore me apart, I want to be alive, I want to live my life, what have I don’t to deserve this? What have I done that is so bad, that when my life shows the tiniest sign of actually getting better, something comes along to mess it all up again? But this time I knew… I knew I wouldn’t make it, I sat back and closed my eyes, I was playing the last months back through my mind, laughing with Billie and the guys, the song Billie had written for me, when I was on stage in front of all them people, a small smile formed on my face, followed by a single tear running down me cheek, Billie’s face popped into my head, he was smiling, he looked so happy, and then Tre running after me, crushing me with his hugs and tickling me till I couldn’t breathe filled my mind’s eye and I felt myself begin to cry even more, then Mike, he was always there for me, keeping me sane and teaching me how to play bass and also how to cook, I loved them all so much… then Joey and Jakob came to mind, how I wish I got to spend more time with them, and right now I treasure those couple of hours we were in each other’s company, I wanted a family and I got one…. I just wish I could actually see how it would have played out, what I would do with my life, would I get married? Have kids? I guess I won’t know, and now I have to face it, come on Grace, it’s okay nothing to be afraid of, you’ve done so much now I guess I always knew this is how it would end.