Chapter 2 - Princess.

Carly's POV:

"What lesson do you have first?" I reluctantly asked Elliot. "Maths in M6." He sighed. Great. Same as me. "What do you have?" I groaned. "Maths in M6." He smirked. "Perfect."

The bell went signalling the end of form. "Let's go then Princess." Elliot said, holding out his arm. I smacked it away from me and headed for the door, Elliot right behind me.

We walked in silence, through the crowded hallways. Chloe spotted us, giving me the most shocked look ever. I gave her a tight lipped smile and rolled my eyes.

We arrived at M6 and walked to the teacher. "Where do I sit miss?" I asked her. "You and Elliot are sitting in the second row from the back, in front of Tao Xu." She said.

Great. Another person that hates me. Even better, Charlie Spring's best friend. This is turning out to be the worst first day back I've ever had, and it's only 9am.

I sat myself down and filled in the front of the book on my desk. I hate maths. It's my worst subject.

"To start off the lesson, complete these 10 questions and check them with the person next to you. You have 20 minutes, 2 per question." Miss Jones said.

I watched in awe as Elliot flew through the questions, finishing before I'd even opened my book. "How are you so good at maths?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just am." He smirked. "I can help you if you like Princess." I nodded. As much as I hate Elliot, I hate maths even more. "I hate maths." I giggled nervously. "I've never been able to do it."

He guided me through the questions and I had them all done in 15 minutes. "Thank you." I smiled lightly. Maybe he wasn't so bad.

The next portion of the day went by quickly, taking Elliot to his lessons, we only shared maths and English though so it was an excuse to be late to most of my own.

I had just dropped Elliot off at his art lesson, when I bumped into Nick. "Woah!" I said in surprise. "I didn't see you." I said.

He smiled slightly. "Sorry." He mumbled and went around me. "Did you need anything?" I turned around to speak to him. "N-yes, actually." He sighed. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay." "Why wouldn't I be okay? And why would you care if I wasn't?" I rolled my eyes.

"Because even though Harry can be a dick sometimes-" "Sometimes?!" I asked in disbelief. "All the time," Nick corrected himself. "He does care about you and I'm sure he won't appreciate what Elliot was saying in form this morning. But I wanted to make sure you were alright before I told him." He explained.

"I'm fine. It's not your place to care for me either. It's sweet, but you don't have to. And I can deal with Elliot on my own, I've gotten to know him since form and he's not so bad." Nick nodded.

"Well, if you need anything, let me know. And I won't tell Harry." He chuckled as he walked back to his lesson. "Thank you!" I called after him.

Strange.

I've never properly spoken to Nick before, just when he first came over to my house to see Harry and he asked where the bathroom was. That's it.

I appreciated that he said he won't tell Harry. I continued walking to my next lesson, which was biology.

By the time lunch rolled around, me and Elliot were getting along fine. He's coming over to my house later to help me with maths, which I knew Harry wasn't going to like - but hey ho. That was the only reason he was coming over, so he has nothing to be a dick about.

I spotted my friends on the picnic bench by the field, where we always sat because it was close to our other friends and we could see anything that went down.

"Hey girls." I sat next to Sahar. They all looked at me expectantly. "What?" I asked, giggling nervously.

"How is he?" Chloe asked me. "Who?" I was so confused. "Elliot! How is he?" Chloe exclaimed. "Oh! Right! He's good." I smiled. I forgot Chloe saw us together this morning.

"Give us the update. All we know is Chloe saw the two of you together after form." Imogen said.

"It's a long story." I sighed. "We're waiting!" Chloe said excitedly. "He's in my form and the teacher put him next to me because apparently we're a 'good mix'. Then he told me I'm expected to take Elliot to each of his lessons until he knows where they are, and we're sat by each other in maths and English for the same reasons." I explained.

Imogen nodded. "So you can introduce me?" She giggled. I sighed but nodded. "If that's what you really want." She squealed and hugged me.

I laughed. "Actually, I'll go find him now." I got up and started walking back toward the school. "Hey Carly!" Nick caught up with me. "Where you going?" He asked.

"I'm finding Elliot. I wanna make sure he's okay and Imogen wants me to introduce her." Nick nodded. "Nice." "Where are you headed? Aren't your friends sat over there?" I asked him, looking over to the corner of the field all the noise was coming from.

"Bathroom." He smiled. We continued walking in silence until I saw Elliot walking around on his own. "Elliot!" I called, getting his attention.

I motioned for him to come over. "I'll see you in form." I said to Nick before walking over to Elliot. "My friend wants to meet you." I said to him when we reached each other.

He smirked. "Which one?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't be a dickhead." He grinned. "Or what princess?" "Or you won't be coming to my house later." I grinned back at him.

"Oh, what a shame! I better behave then right princess?" He smirked. "Stop calling me that! That's being a dickhead!" I complained. Truthfully, I didn't mind the nickname - it was growing on me - but I can't let him know that.

"If that's what you want princess." He shrugged. I punched his arm playfully. "Now you're feeling up my muscles? You could've just asked princess." I sighed in frustration but I couldn't help but laugh as well. He's got my kind of humour. "Fuck off."

I ignored him for the rest of the way to make it known I won our little round of insulting each other.

We reached the table my friends were at, and I took a seat next to Sahar, meaning Elliot had to sit by Imogen.

"Imogen, this is Elliot." I said. "Elliot, this is Imogen." "Ah, the one that thinks I'm gorgeous, right?" He smirked at her. "Pleasure to meet you." He kissed her hand.

What a knob.