Let's find the Fifth!

Ichiraku Ramen shop.

With the village still in repair after the attack, the council has asked a only a handful of shinobi to stay on guard either until the Village is restored or the new Hokage is appointed. I am one of those appointed shinobi.

I've been patrolling the village since four in the morning, luckily it's finally my break time and I decided to spend it at the ramen shop.

I look up and realize that Naruto is already there.

Naruto: What? This is so weird...

Teuchi: Sorry kid, no ticket means no ramen. Those are the rules.

Y/n: His orders on me.

Naruto: (turns around) Oh hey Y/n! You finally finished patrolling the village?

Y/n: No, I'm just on break right now. What about you, did you finish your training for the day?

Naruto: Nope, just also taking a short break.

*Bell rings*

Y/n: Hm? (Turns around and doesn't see anyone)

Naruto: Two Miso Ramens, with extra pork please!

Y/n: (sighs) My wallet is definitely gonna feel this later. (Touches Naruto's back) I'll be right back... I gotta go check up on something.

Naruto: Ok just be quick or I'm gonna eat your ramen bowl-

Y/n: (Teleports away)

Naruto: -to.....

At the Hokage Office.

Y/n: (appears)

Danzo: Y/n? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be out on patrol?

Y/n: I'm currently on break. But despite that I'm still going to make sure the village is safe.

Danzo: (Gives a curious look) that's good....but why are you in the Hokage's office?

Y/n: I can say the same to you Lord Danzo. If I saw anyone else here....I would be thinking they thought themselves to be named the next Hokage.

Danzo: (Annoyed) What's your point?

Y/n: You always wanted to become the Hokage, right sir?....Well it's a little convenient that the spot opened up for you right? Just after Orochimaru murdered The Third.....Say, wasn't Orochimaru up for the title of Fourth Hokage, as I recall you recommended him.

Danzo: (Angry) Are you insinuating anything, boy?

Y/n: (smiles) Oh, it's nothing.... after all now that Master Jiraiya is back he's probably gonna be named the next Hokage.

Danzo: (goes wide-eyed)

Y/n: And if anything were to happen to him or any other candidate so close to the death of the last Hokage, it would look mighty suspicious for anyone with a motive or resources for such an assassination here in the village.... You know, a motive like wanting to be the Hokage or the resources like I don't know....your own personal Anbu foundation?

Danzo: Well don't worry about that now. Something tells me that the Village counsel will have a change of heart about Jiraiya anyway.

Y/n: I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Danzo: And why is that?

Y/n: On my way to the Ramen shop, I caught a glimpse of the elder Hamura talking with Master Jiraiya.... It looked important.

Danzo: (Scowls and Walks off)

Y/n: (thought) that's a relief, for a second there I thought things would get ugly. No matter what, that man should never be allowed the position of Hokage.