iii. rachel smells pretty

The best part of college had to be the ragers, or at least that was the best part for Natalie. The only downside was coming home drunk out of her mind, not knowing the difference between left and right.

She stumbled into her apartment, careful not to wake her sister up. The last thing she needed was to wake up Monica. She made her way past the coffee table, grabbing ahold of it as she sits down on the floor. She rests her head on the table, the world still spinning around her.

After building up enough courage she finally pulled herself back up, now falling down on the couch which should have altered Monica but she must have been out somewhere.

"Hello." A voice asks as she looks over to her bedroom where she sees Rachel coming out of, in her satin pajamas as she approaches the dirty blonde girl. "Someone had fun." Rachel notes as Natalie groans when the girl flips on the light, using a hand to cover her face.

"I'll make you some coffee." Rachel smiles as she heads into the kitchen. She makes the girl a steaming cup of black coffee, not even bothering to ask how she took it. She came out of the kitchen and placed it on the table, "You need a-" Natalie was missing the word, "Coaster, Monica is going to kill you." That was true, Rachel found a coaster and placed the cup on it. The younger girl reached over and picked up the cup as she took a large gulp, it burned on the way down.

"Need anything else, sweetheart?" Rachel sat down beside the girl who was clearly still drunk. She could barely register what had been going on around her. She took another sip and placed the cup down on the coaster.

"Where is she?" She pointed over to her sister's door.

"On a date with Paul the wine guy."

"Fuck, I missed Paul the wine guy." She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. "So everyone knows this guy?" Rachel asks when the girl leans her head down on her shoulder. She felt strangely like a child again.

"Yeah, I love that guy." Natalie moves closer to the girl, seeking out her warmth. "I wanna go to bed." Rachel nods, reaching a hand out to the girl and helping her to her feet. She slowly starts helping the girl to her room as she lays her down on the bed, "Is it okay if I sleep here with you?" Rachel asks and Natalie nods.

Rachel helps them under the covers and Natalie rests her head on the girl's shoulder. She wraps her arm around the older woman's waist. She was strangely cold, even under the covers.

"You smell so pretty." She mumbles as Rachel scratches the girl's messy hair.

"You're drunk, go to sleep."

"Goodnight Rach."

*Goodnight Natalie."