♡♡ - C H A P T E R 1 1 - ♡♡

♫...𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃...❥

~ [ irl ] ~

After about an hour, Avery got up and went into the backyard. Matt saw but thought it was best to just stay here with everyone else. However, Chris also saw and decided to follow her.

Avery sat on one of the cushions, turning the string lights on.

Chris decides to just be straightforward with it. "So are you two like a thing now?" Avery turns around and sees Chris going to sit on the couch.

"No!! Not even close to it."

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better." Chris looks at Avery.

"I'm sorry." Avery says, she hated this. She hated being in a fight with her bestfriend. The person she almost told everything to. What if they made up? Would it be the same as it was a week ago? "I mean, I'm sorry for everything. What happened at the gas station.."

"We don't have to talk about that." Chris says, about to get up and leave.

"Chris sit the fuck down! You can't just leave." Chris stands for a moment and thinks. Then he sits back down. "I shouldn't have said what I did, and I'm sorry I left you out to be with Matt so many times. I'm sorry-"

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. I've been a complete asshole about it. The shit I said..I'm sorry."

Avery smiles at Chris. Maybe things could go back to normal.

CHRIS

Things could not go back to normal. What the fuck? Why the fuck do I have feelings for my bestfriend who's literally inlove with my brother. I wish I could undo that time I saw her in that red dress, her hair all done and that stupid beautiful smile on her face. Fuck, Chris!

"I should go back inside." I say, getting up and walking to the door.

"Wait!" Erin says. I try not to get my hopes up of what it could be. Wait! I'm ACTUALLY in love with you! Not matt! But of course she wouldn't fucking say that.

Instead she gets up and hugs me. She smelt good, like cherries and probably a bit of pepsi she'd been drinking. Her arms were over my neck and my hands were over her waist. This was probably one of the longest hugs I've ever had.

I wish I could tell her how I felt, to see if there was even a chance she felt the same. But i couldn't do that to Matt. He liked her first. Ever since we first moved in.

God, why did I just get my feelings for her a couple months ago? She's my bestfriend, not my girlfriend.

"Avery?"

You're kidding. It's Matt. Me and Erin pull away from the hug as we see Matt standing there. Erin moved her hair out of her face, "Yeah?"

"Um, you wanna get ice cream?" Oh.

"Sure..Chris you wanna come?" Oh so NOW you invite me to things. I wanna say yes, I wanna ruin their "date", but I can't.

"No! You two should just go. It's fine." Lie.

"Oh..okay. Bye Chris." Erin slightly smiles. I could tell she felt bad. But she didn't feel bad when she did this literally two weeks ago???

"Bye Erin." I whisper, I don't know why the fuck my voice got quieter. Erin and Matt walk back inside to the front door. I can see Matt grab Erin's hand as they head out to his car.