Travel

One bright morning on the Island of Sodor, Driver Y/N was preparing to deliver a goods train. He was a shy and nervous guy who often found himself getting anxious easily. He glanced at the towering pile of cargo and the long line of freight cars, his heart racing with apprehension.

His friend, Thomas, chugged up beside him. "Hello, Y/N! Ready for a busy day?" Thomas's cheerful voice always managed to bring a smile to Y/N's face.

Y/N mustered a small smile and nodded, though his nerves were still very much present. "I'll do my best, Thomas."

"Don't worry," Thomas reassured him. "You're a great driver. Just take things one step at a time."

As Y/N started to couple the freight cars to his engine, he felt his anxiety creeping up. "What if something goes wrong, Thomas? What if I mess up?"

Thomas walked closer, his warm smile radiating encouragement. "We all make mistakes sometimes, Y/N. The important thing is to learn from them. And you have a whole team here to help you."

Y/N took a deep breath and nodded, grateful for Thomas's support. With Thomas's words echoing in his mind, he climbed into the driver's seat and gave a cautious toot of his whistle. Slowly, the goods train began to move.

As he chugged along the tracks, Y/N couldn't shake off his nervousness completely. But he remembered what Thomas had said about taking things one step at a time. He focused on each task, concentrating on the rhythm of the wheels against the tracks.

At the first station, Y/N had to uncouple some freight cars to be picked up later. His hands were shaky, but he managed to do it. As he continued his journey, he encountered a steep hill that required extra effort to climb. With determination, he guided his engine and the heavy train to the top.

At every station and junction, Y/N grew a little more confident. He even managed to strike up conversations with the other engines and staff, sharing small jokes and smiles that eased his anxiety.

Finally, as the sun began to set, Y/N pulled into the last station to deliver the remaining cargo. The stationmaster congratulated him on a job well done. Y/N felt a swell of pride and relief. He had faced his anxiety head-on and had successfully completed his deliveries.

Thomas rolled up alongside him, beaming with pride. "See, Y/N? You did it!"

Y/N grinned back at his friend. "Thanks, Thomas. I couldn't have done it without your encouragement."