Chapter Two

Tariq sat in his office relieved that Amelia was close by where he could ensure she was safe and well protected. He could tell that she was drained physically and emotionally. The flight had been ten hours long and he doubted she had any rest whilst coming. He was also certain a few old memories were resurfacing since he saw the wary look she gave his way. It would take a while he knew for her to fully accept his apology. He just hoped she would be keen to hear him out in the morning but for now both he and his wolf relished her close proximity. Tariq made sure her room was directly opposite him in case she needed anything and so his wolf would remain calm. He hesitated to mark her years ago but his wolf still longed for her...her scent which he tried so many nights to replicate but failed. He waited for the perfect opportunity to get her to leave Italy and come back to Greenville. Her grandmother was very tight lipped about her whereabouts saying that if Amelia wanted to contact him that she would. So for the sake of not starting a war with her coven he complied. For years he satisfied himself with a few but precious facts and pictures of his mate he managed to squeeze out of the old witch. However nothing compared to having her with him in person. He wrapped up his paperwork and took a quick shower. He decided to take a peek at his mate just to ensure that she was comfortable and because it would finally shut his wolf up who had been nagging all night for his mate. He gently eased her bedroom door open and noticed the room was dark except for the moonlight that filtered in from the window. It cast a silvery glow on their mate lying on her side cuddling a pillow and seemed to be in a deep sleep. Tariq stood watching her for what seemed like hours. His wolf wouldn't let him leave when he turned to go. He stood in the middle of the room conflicted but decided that he was apart from his mate long enough. With renewed determination he strode to her bedside and gently climbed into his mate's bed being careful not to wake her as he snaked his arms around her waist. The upcoming meeting was both a blessing and a curse thought Ric. A blessing -for the fact that it reunited him with his love and a curse -because it might be what would again take her away from him. He had three days...three days to convince his mate her place was with him...always and forever....

***

Emily woke up feeling oddly refreshed. As she stretched she felt the spot next to her on the bed oddly warm. Thinking nothing of it she took a quick bath and went in search for Tariq. She wanted updates on the meeting and she was hungry. Emily found him in his office talking on his Beta. It was as if he sensed her since he turned around and was immediately in front of her. "Amelia." No one ever made her name sound so beautiful or so...sexy than Tariq. "Ahh good morning Tariq...I was hoping for an update on the meeting...." He was looking at her oddly and she became a bit uncomfortable. "Did you sleep well?" he asked. She nodded, not trusting her voice at the moment. Being next to him did wonders to her body and mind, especially her body. Since she wasn't a werewolf she thought she couldn't feel the pull of the mate bond but she did. She could sense him, his feelings. She had insane urges to touch him, to hug, to kiss him, to comfort him.... The mate bond put her teenage crush on him to shame. "Let's get something to eat and we could talk then, by the way this is my Beta Tate." He indicated to the buff blond man next to him. They both sported the Pack's unique tribal tattoo. "If I'm not around he or his mate Scarlet will assist you in whatever you need." She nodded again feeling foolish. The mate bond only became stronger the longer she spent with him and judging from the current situation she was in for hell. Again he looked at her funny. Maybe he sensed her uneasiness or found it difficult to be in her presence....or maybe he felt the mate bond and he was trying to fight it. Emily was sure Tariq would have better luck in that department than she...or did he? Tate suggested they go for breakfast and informed her that the meeting would be tomorrow evening. Tariq placed a guiding hand on her lower back and led her to the kitchen. He hold was both gentle and somewhat possessive but she tried not to read too much into it. Her relationship with Tariq was confusing as it is. She offered to cook them something which they agreed to. She didn't like to order the pack's omegas around. She had not yet seen Marcy and wondered where Tariq's elusive Luna was. He excused himself to answer his phone and Tate went in search of his mate so Emily went on to cook them some French toast. "Hello gorgeous...." Emily was startled since she didn't realize she was not alone. A tall pasty looking man with dark hair lounged next to the door smirking at her. She quickly glanced around for Tariq since she did not like the look the wolf was giving her. Emily became even more alarmed when the man made his way to her. She looked for something to defend herself with and after grabbing a kitchen knife she skirted around the kitchen counter. She did not recognize this wolf since he did not have the pack's tattoo. Then it dawned to her. He was a rogue wolf. She knew she had to warn Tariq and quickly made her way to the door but she was not fast enough. In the matter of a few minutes he jumped over the counter and had her pinned to the wall struggling. His face inched to her neck and she desperately tried to free herself knowing he was going to kill her. Just as he was about to bite her he was thrown half way across the room by her very pissed off mate who proceed to rip apart the rogue limb by limb. She guessed the mate bond was indeed strong after all.

***

Ric desperately tried to reign in his wolf. They were pissed. VERY PISSED. How dare that filthy rouge touch his mate! He wanted to rip him all over again. He stood there growling. He had a pack to protect and Emily was his mate. He needed to ensure they were safe. He lost her once, he sure as hell not going to lose her now! He stood there for what seemed like hours growling until he felt a small hand on his arm. Slowly he felt his anger subside. Mate! His wolf purred at her touch. He turned to face his mate and growled when he saw the bruise forming on her temple. She flinched but still held on to him. His gaze softens, he wondered if she realized her touch was calming him and his wolf. Screw his three step plan, he grabbed her and hugged her, savoring the feel of her soft curves against the hard planes of his body. His wolf reveled in her scent and the fact that she hugged back. He nuzzled her against her neck rubbing soothing circles on her lower back. She stiffens at first but relaxed against him when he started trailing little kisses on her neck and jaw causing her to moan. His wolf wanted out. Claim Mate! Now! When he reached for her lips he saw the uncertainty in her eyes but decided not to press the issue but chose to give her forehead a light peck instead. "Tariq, you need to calm down." He laughed internally. His mate wanted him to be calm but her presence had his heart making erratic beats. He sure if she was a wolf she would be alarmed at the scent of his arousal as he was surprised by the scent of hers. "You are right. It's time we called a pack meeting. It seems something is up...."