4. Morning Run in

Powerful legs move with a steady rhythm across the the sand right at the aqua blue waters edge.

Ear buds are in, red swim trunks fit a built tan form perfectly. A white tank top with the red letters reading lifeguard fall rapidly over a built chest.

The sun is warm heating up tan skin causing sweat to form over well trained muscles.

This is part of Katsuki's normal morning routine. He gets up before the sun, eats breakfast, grabs a protein shake, lifts weights, showers, heads to the beach and runs before his shift.

Today there's something slightly different about his morning routine and that's the fact that he can't seem to get his long lost friend from a childhood summer out of his mind. Not that he's trying honestly. If he's being truthful Izuku had crossed his mind many times over the years. He knows there was the start of feelings for each other even though they were teens when they first met but now at the age of twenty two those feelings from long ago and a summer past have ignited sparks as soon as green eyes reappeared in his life.

As he jogs on feeling the sun on his skin there's another feeling. A tapping sensation on his arm.

He turns his head quickly, broken from his thoughts to see the object of them running right next to him with a large grin.

There's a heart skip in his chest immediately at the sight while removes his ear buds slowing his pace.

A breathless smirk takes over his sharp features.

" Morning nerd, didn't think I'd see you till later."

Izuku laughs softly.

"And let you have this whole empty beach to yourself?! No way!"

Katsuki chuckles stopping completely staring at the shorter male as he pants from his jog.

" You were always so fucking cranky in the morning. I figured nothing changed.", he smirks with playfulness.

Izuku rolls his eyes grinning.

" Well I still really don't like getting up early but some things are worth getting up early for.", he says making sure to hold onto a crimson gaze.

Something about the look in emerald eyes and the curve to Izuku's mouth when he spoke the the last few words of that sentence makes a steady stream of butterflies take flight in Katsuki's stomach.

He clears his throat with a smirk crossing his arms.

" Is that right? Like what?"

There's a soft blush on fair freckles as he smiles playfully.

Katsuki watches as that smile turns into a smirk.

" Like kicking your butt in a race on the beach down to the pier.", he laughs as he takes off in a sprint across the sand.

The blonde stands in surprise raising a brow then breaks into a laugh with a smirk and a head shake taking off down the beach after the greenett.

" You cheating shit! Get your ass back here Deku!"

He hears Izuku laugh harder as the smaller male yells back at him.

" Never!!! What's wrong Kacchan,can't keep up?!!", he shouts breathless.

There's the sound of feet pounding against the wet sand suddenly and just as Izuku turns around he's slammed into and tackled to the warm sand by a large blonde lifeguard who flips him over and pins him to the ground immediately.

Shocked emerald eyes look up at the panting smirking lifeguard who has the look of victory on his features.

" Shitty nerd, you know damn well you can't beat me in a foot race. Remember how many times you tried that summer and it always ended up the same way, just like this."