bargaining

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍. 𝙸𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢! 😄✨☆
〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

what!? no! that stem competition is relevant and stupid I have enough on my plate already" I responded. Spencer was crazy if he thought that I was going to still do this stem competition. with Dion gone I was in charge of everything including getting him back.

"Listen, you need my help with your thing and I need yours with mine. we tried too hard for you to drop out and leave me hanging now." He said furiously. The vein in his head was popping out; he looked like he was going to explode. "Look, I'm sorry dude but we both got issues." I said.

Spencer took a deep breath and calmed down. "Sorry for flashing out on you, do you know why this competition is so important to me?" he asked. "to get trophies and show how smart you are is such a big deal." I said sarcastically. Then his eyes softened. "you don't get it." he said blurted. He then went down and sat on the floor. I followed and sat beside him.

"it's a lot more than that Taylah-" he said before I cut him off. "its Owani" I corrected. "sorry it's gonna be hard to get used to calling you by a different name." he apologized. "see for me this competition means so much, its a chance to get a scholarship and internship. not only that but ill be given $4,000 dollars for winning which I can give to my mom. its the east I can do for her for taking care of me and my sister." He added.

I could relate to his story with my dad missing it was hard on my mom. We were lucky enough that my mom had a well paying job so putting food on the table was never a problem. "I'm sorry, I didn't know how important this was to you..." I said .

"It's fine no one ever cares to know anyway. I just want a better life for her and my sister and I can get that for them. I really don't wanna miss the opportunity." he said.

I then stood up and walked in front of him, "what?" he said standing up. He looked at me confused, I just rolled my eyes "stand up Doofus" I said and smiled at him. "Fine, we have a deal," I said, putting out my hand for him to shake.

"wait for real?" He said surprised. I nodded in agreement. He shook my hand but instead of letting go he took my arm and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back. we stayed silent and said nothing it was better that way. we just stood they and I was hoping it never ended when I heard a whistle. it was the coach gym was over already. we pulled apart from each other and started walking back to the track.

"we're gonna need your help starting today, I need you to help me find someone." I said to Spencer. he nodded and we separated as we walked into the crowd of our classmates.

We made it back to the locker room to take showers and change. After I freshened up I put my uniform back on. "So how was your guys "talk"," Kiri asked with air quotes. "it went better than expected." I said. I finished getting dressed and grabbed my backpack. me and Kiri walked out together and continued our chat as we walked out to our lockers.

Gym was our last class of the day. "I won't be able to make it to band practice today." I said. I was gonna have to make up an excuse. me and Spencer were meeting up after school to start the search for Dion.

up until now he was not allowed anywhere near the house because it was like our headquarters. There were papers, computers and high tech devices everywhere which was way suspicious.

"That's alright, we are not practicing today, Ethen had to call out because he had to go visit his grandma. we couldn't play without our drummer anyway." she said while putting her books into her locker. We started walking to the doors of the school. we walked out of the gate, we waved to each other and went our different ways.

I saw Spencer standing by a tree and walked up to him. "ready to go?" I asked. "Probably as ready as I'll ever be," he responded. He started walking along the sidewalk. We were pretty silent. We didn't have much to talk about.

We walked down and we made it to the metro. we stood and waited for it to come, we made conversation to pass time. "So you take the metro to and from school everyday?" He asked. "yeah basically, I kinda find it relaxing though. I usually just look at the view through the window." I responded.

Finally the metro took a stop right in front of us. We walked in as the doors opened. We walked with the crowd and took a seat. I took a seat near the back and placed my bag near me.

I sat sideways along the seat covering it with my legs and laid there comfortably. Spencer sat across from me and crossed his legs onto the seat. "wow you almost have worse posture than me." I joked.

"that impossible I've seen grandmas with better posture then you." he responded. "haha very funny." I said sarcastically. "so tell me about yourself, your real self." Spencer said. "Well there's not much to know about me, I'm a girl from New York trying to stop an evil organization. I grew up without a father because of them, so in his honor im gonna avenge his death. I really like music and art and I don't know what to do with my life other than stop them" I said.

"Wow an artistic city girl very interesting." He joked. "what about you I know you like art but you don't do it any more. more really good you know." I said. Spencer never himself enough credit for things.

"Yeah I'm good at it but it's just a hobby. art isn't going to get me scholarships and prize money." he said. He had a calm tone in his voice. It felt like he didn't believe the words he was saying were just words.

"yeah but if it's what you like you should go for it." I said. The metro then took a sudden stop, we were at the stop. "come on, Spencer. we've got work to do." I said standing up. I grabbed my bag and walked off the metro.

We then walked 3 blocks from the metro and made it to our street. Spencer and I chatted the whole time. we were starting to enjoy each other's company, it felt good to be my full authentic self now.

We made it in front of the house and I saw Rachels moms SUV parked in front. Kritztzi, Rachel, and her must have been back from the gym.

I walked up to the front door and used my key to get in. I opened the door to the usual events of the house, well just without Dion. Rachel's mom was in the kitchen making us a snack. Kritztzi was watching TV on the couch and Rachel was doing her homework on her laptop.

they all stopped what they were doing when they knew I was home. They looked over to greet me but were surprised to see Spencer. "Hi?" he said. He then awkwardly waved. "Guys, This is Spencer. our newest member."

<1300> 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼✨