Three: I Remember

Three: This summer...

It was as if it was just us on the beach standing across from each other

It was as if it was just us on the beach standing across from each other. I was the first to break eye contact. Needing to get my nerves in tack, I down my Truly making the group eye me. "You good?" Steven asks. I give him and nod before walking over the ice chest again. I didn't look up as I walked over there. Which made bumping into someone a whole lot easier. "Shit, sorry." I say looking up. I regretted that. Cam's eyes shined like I remembered looking down at me. He's also grown a lot. He used to be a few inches taller than me. Now I take he's about a foot and couple inches.

"It's okay, Gwen."

Shivers ran up my spine as he said my name in his now deeper voice. I hate how my body is still under his affects. "Umm, I saw you from where I was sitting. I just had to make sure it was you." He tells me. The air has gotten awkward and I went to escape. But I also wanted to stay here. Hug him. Yell at him. I don't know.

"Yeah. Me and Rory are back."

He nods and shove his hands in his pockets. "That's great! You know, Cousins missed the infamous Russels girls." Cam teases. I laugh at his attempt at a joke and nod. "Thanks. I didn't realized how much I missed it." I looked around to see everyone that has grown up and drinking, smoking, and just hanging out. "Three years, right? That's how long you've been gone?" I nod being my hands to rub over my arms.

Cam noticed and started to shrug off his jacket. "You cold?" I shake my head and hold up my hand for him not to take it off. "No just chilly. I'll be fine." I declined his offer. I wasn't about to get myself wrapped up in his jacket. I can't. "Okay. I'm gonna head back to my friends. We should catch up some time." Cam suggests. He still wore a smile even with this awkwardness that use to never be here. I didn't say anything but gave him one last nod before he turned away. He gave me one last look before he was a couple of feet away from me.

"I like the bow."

It wasn't until he finally turned around where I dug my hand into the cooler to grab another Truly chugging that as well. This will indeed be a long summer.

☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎

About an hour in, I was tipsy. We found some people we haven't seen in ages and we were just catching up. We were laughing and bring up some old memories. With each drink I had, I found myself to be more bubbly and extroverted, which is surprising because of shy I usually am.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Belly standing with a guy trying to offer her his beer. She declined and was looking for any familiar faces. I excused myself and waddled my way over to her. "Hey! Belly!" I wave with a big smile on my face. I see Belly turn her head to me and she smiles. When we were younger, we declared each other as "summer sisters."

"Gwen!"

I hug her super tight and the guy is just standing there watching us. Weirdo. We pulled away and I look at her dress. It was pink and very her. "I love your dress." I smile at her. She thanks me and tells me in Taylor's. We saw Steven walk by with a girl and Belly calls him over.

Steven looks at the two of us and walks fast towards Belly. "What are you doing here? And I'm sorry but what are you wearing?!" His voice sounding angry and very big brother like. The guy stepped in and said, "I invited her. Who the fuck are you?" I started to feel very awkward to be here. I moved towards Sheila who was the girl Steven was with.

"I'm her brother. She's 15 you pedo."

My eyes widen as I watch the dude back away from Belly. "What is going on?" I whispered to Sheila. She shakes her head and the two siblings start to bicker. Steven was trying to take Belly home but she refused. "Hey Steven, why not let her stay?" I asked trying to calm down the situation. "No. She just embarrassed me." As Belly tries to get out of his grip and to that, she falls in the sand.

Everything was happening so fast and as awkward as everything was getting, I had to leave. I walked over to Jeremiah and Rory and told them what was happening. Jeremiah decided to get Belly and try to convince Steven to let her stay.

"I think we should get going," Rory tells me. I nod and walked to the ice chest once more to grab a water. "I'll go find Jere or Conrad to let them know." Chugging down the water I gave her a thumbs up. When I finished, that's when I saw them.

Cam had sat next to Belly laughing at something they were talking about. They say close together and I watched as Cam gave his jacket to her and she put it on. My heart sank to my stomach watching them be so close. She doesn't know that that's my Cam that I've told her about. The one that I've been crushing on for years.

I've been envious of Belly for a long time. This was just another reason to envy her once more. Cop sirens broke me out of my gaze and Rory tugged my arm running to the car. "Text us when you guys get home! I'll see you tomorrow night!" Jeremiah yelled out waving. Rory and I wave back and got into the car.

She started the car fast and began to leave the beach. "That was close." She laughs. I nod leaning my head on the window. She looked at me and then back to the road. "Hey, did you have fun?" I know what she was trying to do. She was trying to get me to slowly talk about what's wrong. She's always done this. "Yea." I kept giving her one word answers.

"You don't look like you had the best time Gwenie."

I moved my head to the seat and looked at her. "I ran into Cam." I whispered. She hit her breaks so hard that I swear I got whiplash from it. "Jesus, Aurora! What the hell!" I yell at her. My seat beat had locked making me unbuckle and rebuckle. "When did you run into him? At the bonfire?" She questions looking at me in disbelief. I nod my head to her question.

"He came up to me and told me we should catch up. But that's not even the worst part."

"What's the worst part."

I sank in my seat and mopped a bit before telling her. "I saw him and Belly being close before we left. He gave her his jacket and everything." Rory gave me a small frown and held my hand. "Aww Gwenie." We pull into our driveway and Rory runs over to hug me. "Does Belly know that he's your Cameron?" I shake my head.

I've always told Belly about my super crush on Cam. She's never seen him or met him but she always sat and listened to my thirteen year old self blush and giggle over things we did. Belly would also tell me about her crush on Conrad. Now Belly is somewhere at home wrapped in my Cam's jacket.

Once we got inside, dad had a movie on while he was eating popcorn. "Hey girls." He says without taking his eyes off the screen. "Good night dad!" I yelled out while walking up the stairs. I just wanted to sleep everything off and not think about my friend with my crush.

I got dressed in my pajamas, took my makeup off, and let down my hair. A groan left my lips as soon as my head hit the pillows from how tiring today was. My phone buzzed on the nightstand making me reach for it trying not to fully get up. Once I had it my hand, the bright screen lit up showing a instagram notification. Cam had followed me on instagram.

Athena's Corner🧸🪴
Make sure you guys vote and comment! It really helps me out. Also want to let you knows guy that a Conrad story is now in the works!!

Summer Child-Cam Cameron On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara