#EverythingBagel Part 1 [SECOND PART]

=== THE BROWN HOUSEHOLD ===

"Oh, Henry, be a bit more patient, I'm still at position #2074 in the queue!" Mary had gone crazy over the prospect that her talent would be noticed by such a big and famous company, and it showed. She had been sitting by the phone for about one hour and half and she refused to budge whatsoever.

"Mary, I think you're going insane. If you don't get off of the phone, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to unplug it!" he threatened, "The kids are wanting to talk to you, they need your signature so they can go on a luxury school trip to Tokyo. They have wanted to go to Japan for the past two years but we have never been able to go because you've been too busy writing novels."

"Henry, I haven't mentioned this, but if I disconnect from this vital call, I will be at position #5318 in the queue! I can't give up on my dreams." Mary would never give up on the chance to become rich and famous, even if it meant waiting hours by the phone, she could not miss the call that would change her life forever, she was made to do this.

"It's a marvel that 5,317 other people are trying to make a call, honestly, I'd just wait until off-peak when less people are calling—"

"Silly Henry," Mary laughed to herself about Henry's naivety, "Right now, it's currently off-peak, during peak hours, there could be up to 20,993,182 people trying to make a call."

"What on Earth? Why are 20 million people trying to call this one company? Shouldn't their lines be down?" Henry struggled to process the nightmare of 20 million people trying to call one number. Yikes, as a risk analyst, this definitely had something to do with an increase in the chance of homes being destroyed in flash floods and this may have a correlation with the chances of being sucked into an alternate dimension, and he didn't even believe in the multiverse theory.

"The thing is, they're such a famous company! They make people's dreams come true," Mary replied, "Besides, their support team has been on strike for the past few months, now, I've heard rumors that there are only 2 underpaid interns responding to each call."

"That's ridiculous, how would they be able answer every call?"

"The thing is, Henry, they don't. There's a lot of prank callers there apparently, now that their support team is all but gone. Someone once tried to order pizza from there, another person was asking for their pet spider which had apparently escaped. At least the interns are being paid more that the people who do the CGI, which is ironic because almost all of their movies are almost entirely made of CGI. They can't even film in a real airport which is pathetic because they're sitting on mountains of money." Mary sighed to herself as she realized whether or not it would be worth waiting hours to get the magic phone call.

"Pet spider on the loose? What species? I hope they've purchased insurance." Henry was back to being a boring risk analyst, he needed more customers so he could get that promotion he'd been pining for for the past 10 months. If he could get a famous company to support his insurance company, he would be owed a promotion.

"A radioactive one, I heard," a look of dread came upon her, "I wouldn't want to be bitten by one. I mean, I don't mean to offend those people, but, I just want to write books and make a difference in the world. I mean, if I got bitten by one of those spiders, I'd probably go and get eaten by a lion or something. It would be so unfortunate to be one of those peo—"

A deep voice started to echo through Mary's ear, she looked around but the voice definitely wasn't of her husband, puberty must have hit Jonathan hard if that was him, Judy definitely did not sound like that, Miss Bird wasn't like that, who could the voice have been? "You will be be bitten, it's a canon event. It's your destiny to be bitten and become one of us. It may take a while for you to accept it, but trust me, you were meant to be bitten."