Chapter 3: The Pollywog

November 1, 1984

Abby Pov:

I'm getting ready for school.

I'm still shocked about what happend last night.

I'm wearing a black flannel, and a darl blue t-shirt, and a gray jeans.

I go downstairs and, quickly grab a toast.

"Hey, Abby. Are you going to school?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah, I'm going to be late, bye!" I said as I get out of the house, and got on my bike.

------------

Me and my friends are currently in science class.

However, Dustin is still not here.

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time." Mr. Clarke says.

"Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident." He says.

"A large iron rod was driven completely through his head." Mr. Clarke draws a line threw a skull, and it shows on the projector.

"Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine." Mr. Clarke closes his marker.

"And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality." Mr. Clarke says.

"So much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as 'No longer Gage.' " Mr. Clarke says.

"At the time, this was know as the Anerican Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a--" Mr. Clarke get interrupted by Dustin barging into the class.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Clarke." Dustin apologizes as he walks towards his seat.

"Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class." Dustin says.

"Don't mind me." Dustin drops his bag down.

"Really, continue, please. Thanks." Dustin sits down.

"Althought it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said." Mr. Clarke recited.

Dustin turns to us.

"We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club." Dustin whispers.

"Why?" Mike asks.

"I have something that you won't believe." Dustin replied.

We nodd and get back to the class.

Dustin turns to Max, who is in the back of the class.

"AV Club. Lunch." Dustin whispers to Max, but loud enough for her to hear.

"Dustin!" Mr. Clarke calls.

"Yes, my lord?" Dustin says as he turns to him.

"Would you care to join the class now?" He sarcastically asks.