Liking the wild one

"So you got a damn boyfriend? I'm moving there right now, I swear," Jessie yelled through the phone. She was literally freaking out. We seemed to be little girls taking about boys during a sleepover.

"If my parents ever find out he has a record, they'll punish me for months."

"What do you mean by 'record'?"

"He was in jail a bunch of times. Steve told me."

"But this is the guy you been looking for so long. And finally you got him. Don't let him escape. Tie up his hands so he can't go."

"Haha. Yeah, that's one option. So bad he's stronger than me," I joked. "The thing is... Dreams and real life aren't the same. You remember Mary Murphy's role in The Wild One?"

"Oh, yes. This waitress in love with handsome Marlon Brando. I saw another of her movies yesterday. I gotta tell you about it..."

"Is Beachhead? I've seen it. It's okay. I loved this soldier who falls for her... Wait. What was I saying? She had this dream of a bad boy arriving to the town and walking in to order a coffee and take her away from there. I'm like her. Just, instead of a motorcycle, I wanted one with a tuff car. And now I got him! I don't want my parents to mess everything up. I'll sneak out if it's necessary to meet Dally."

"Ooo, so his name is Dally. Are you gonna tell me something more or do I have to take it out from you by hard?" she teased me.

"Okay. So Dallas Winston... He's 17. Has dark hair and eyes, mischievous smile, great muscles and he's tall. From New York."

"I'll rather go out with someone from California. The sea, beach boys, palm trees..."

"Hey, there's sea in the East Coast. I don't like them the surfer kind. Blondies, jocks, absorbing the sun rays all day long. No way."

"I know, I know. Well, sounds like your boy is incredibly hot and bad, huh? Now, have you kissed him?" she couldn't wait.

"Kissed, told I love him and made out. The full pack in a night," I said, proud.

"No way. You did? That really is going fast. Made out, you said?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yep. We made love in the backseat."

"I can't believe it. How come? I'm a year older; I should be with my boyfriends doing dirty stuff and I don't even got one! Your parents must be going crazy."

"I haven't told 'em yet. It's our secret."

"My mouth is shut, don't worry. It's nice to hear you are so fuckin' lucky when at first you didn't wanted to go to US."

"Hey, I didn't want to go to LIVE here. I never said anything 'bout not going on vacations," I told her. "I hope you can come visit me someday. You'll love this." I missed her a lot. She was the only girl out of my family who could bring a smile to my face simply telling me she had listened to a new Elvis' track or watched a movie and wanted to show it to me.

"Here all it's the same way as when you left. I'm taking care of the youngest kids pranking their teachers and getting lectures but we gotta have fun as long as we can. We are young! So go and meet your boy right now and go do something crazy."

"I'll do. See ya later, Jessie."

"Bye, girl."

I hung up the phone and stood up, picking up a few bucks on my way to the door.

"Carolina," my mother yelled from the kitchen. "Tu padre y yo ya hemos firmado los papeles. El lunes empiezas en el instituto Will Rogers." [Your father and I have signed the papers. You start in Will Rogers Highschool on Monday]