Chapter 27 - We'll try again? (NSFW)

You open your weary eyes as you feel the car engine turn off and the comforting rumble gives way to an arresting silence.

"We're here." Cloud says quietly from the front of the car, turning to glance behind at you a little apprehensively.

"Hmm." You look around a little disoriented. You had not fallen asleep on the journey but you are fatigued by your own restless thoughts.

Cloud slips out of the car and opens the car door for you as you hitch your dress up tactlessly to stumble out of the seat. He holds a hand out to you in case you need it, but you manage to straighten yourself up as the crisp night air freshens and wakes you, so he drops his arm back down awkwardly.

"Thanks Cloud."

You walk up the two steps to your porch before fumbling for your keys. Opening the door, you stride in stretching, a yawn breaks free before you remember Cloud is still there behind you. You turn on the spot making your dress swish around to see him standing on the threshold regarding you softly from the door.

"Oh Cloud! Sorry, I almost forgot you were there."

"It's okay. I'll be off now anyway." Cloud says with a small courteous smile.

It is dark outside but Cloud's eyes glimmer mysteriously. He had loosened his bow tie so that the ends are draped casually around his neck. The top button of his shirt is undone and he has an irresistibly messy rugged handsomeness about him as he stands on your doorstep.

Your mouth must have been open as you stand there admiring this man on your porch. Something comes over you. Maybe it was what happened earlier with Rufus but you feel the need to regain control and for things to happen on your terms for once. Also you are tired. Tired of thinking logically. Tired of doing what is expected. Tired of your responsibility. Tired of pretending you feel nothing for this man in front of you.

You lock eyes with Cloud who is a little taken aback at the new insatiable look in your eye. You step towards him and grip both ends of his loosened bow tie, staring up at him through your lashes.

Cloud's mouth drops ajar as he takes a sharp breath at your sudden proximity. You do not give him any time to react further before you step backwards with him in tow, pulling him inside by the neck tie. Once he has stumbled inside, you kick the door shut and simultaneously push him so that he steps back heavily into the closed door with a thud. At this point, your body is pressed against his and the tensions from tonight threaten to bubble over as Cloud stares down into your wide eyes.

"Cloud... You once told me once I was the best part of your day..." You whisper so close to him the blonde spikes framing his face tremble from your breath. "Do you still...?"

"...Yes." Cloud breaths almost inaudibly. His dilated pupils dart from your eyes to your mouth and back again.

You bite your lip in response as you build up the courage and consider how forward you dare to be.

"Will you stay tonight?"

Cloud stares at you almost in disbelief for a moment but eventually nods as a slow flush fills his cheeks. He apprehensively takes your face in his hands and stares even deeper into your eyes as he lowers his head slowly until his lips gently touch yours.

Your body ignites at this contact and your hands fly up to grip his hair. The kiss naturally deepens as this pent up sexual tension reaches boiling point. You subtly run your tongue over his lower lip which you then slide into his eager mouth, eliciting a soft muted moan from him.

Lips still locked, you desperately claw at Cloud's suit jacket removing it from his broad shoulders in one swift movement and letting it drop to the floor. Cloud's arms wrap tightly around your waist as he leans into you, kissing and exploring your mouth fervently with his.