Up to no good

BANG! BANG! BANG! The door rattled as somebody knocked on it hard. I was busy tidying up my room, and making sure my clothes were in my tiny closet, folded into a neat pile. BANG! BANG! BANG! The door went again. "Helga! Get that bloody door!" My mum shouted from the kitchen. I sighed and ran out of my room to see who was being so impatient.

As I opened the door, I was greeted by the kind familiar faces of my three best friends; Rowena Ravenclaw, Godrick Gryffindor, and Salazar Slytherin. They all smiled brightly at me, when they saw that I was the one who answered. "Sal, could you be any louder and more brutal to the door!?" I questioned sarcasticly. "Sorry Helga." He laughed. "My mum is just finishing making my dinner, and then we can go." I told them all, beckoning them to come inside.

We all went over to my small, rectangular dining table and started talking. "I bet on Merlin that Alwin's father will send him away one of these days." Godrick muttered, chuckling at the thought. We all fell about laughing, as none of us particularly liked Alwin Summers that much. He was a snob as far as we were concerned and he always liked to put the blame on others for things that he did, But, of course, in time his father had found out, and ever since, life had been a lot harder for Alwin. "Alas, he will never stop though." Rowena sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 minutes later my mum walked over to the table with bowls of freshly made soup for everyone, and placed them each infront of us. "Wow, thanks miss Hufflepuff." "This looks delicious!" Mother smiled proudly, and walked off to eat her meal in her room. "So, what are we doing today?" I asked the group, as soon as my mum left the room. "Well," Said Rowena. "We were planning on going to that party everyone was talking about at the market today. The boys were saying they had heard about it in school too." "What party?" I questioned. "There is a banquet happening over at Henry's manor. You know, the one down by the lake?" Godrick explained. "Lots of dancing, and drinking!" Salazar  chipped in. "So, you wanna go?" I thought about it for a moment, and then said "Fine, i'm in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye mum!" I called behind me as I closed the main door. We all laughed excitedly at one another as we started walking down the long, muddy path that lead away from my house and into the village. I was in the middle, standing with Rowena on one side of me and Sal on the other side. I hooked my arm through both of theirs and Rowena did the same with Godrick. Talking, and laughing we all walked side by side, arm in arm towards the lake. "If anyone saw us, they would probably think that we were up to no good." I chuckled truthfully, as that's what everyone thought of us. No good, trouble makers.

We turned one corner, then another, then another. "Where are we?" I suddenly asked, realising we were lost. "I- I don't know." Came Godrick's reply. We all looked around nervously, looking for anything that looked familiar. There was no hint of any wooden signs that could point us in the right direction. No sign of any people, of whom we could ask where to go. There wasn't really much but hills and dirty paths which forked off in all sorts of different directions. Other than that all there was, was a cave. A dark, cold, damp cave. And a large, scaly, sleeping dragon. Which I believed should not be woken up.