Trust and promises

3rd POV

The scene opens to Steven and the Gems discussing the previous events as Y/N is nowhere to be seen.

Steven: I'm grounded?

Pearl folds her arms as she frowns at Steven.

Pearl: Yes, you're grounded!

Garnet: You disobeyed an order.

Amethyst: And now we're gonna bury you 'til you've learned your lesson.

She smiles as she holds up a shovel. Steven begins to panic and he runs from Amethyst as she chases him with the shovel.

Steven: Aah! That's not how grounding works!

The door of the house suddenly opens. The Crystal Gems turn to look and see Greg standing at the doorway, panting heavily. Y/N exits his room with a red cylinder in his hand.

Steven: Dad?

Greg: Uh, you guys better come check this out.

Everyone runs out of the beach house and they run up to the crown staring at the shoreline, or lack thereof.

Mayor Dewey: W-w-wha?

The citizens of Beach City are gathered behind Mayor Dewey and murmuring worriedly.

Ronaldo: Whoa!

He takes a picture with his phone as the camera zooms out, revealing that the entire ocean is gone, leaving various boats and ships stranded on the now-deserted ocean floor.

Steven: The ocean!

Mayor Dewey: Hey, it's those magical ladies! What's going on here?!

Garnet: The ocean is gone, obviously.

Mayor Dewey: That's right. Now it's just a desert. No one wants to take a vacation to... Desert City! Aww, we're gonna lose all our summer business!

Several of the people complained as Y/N stared off into the distance.

Lars: And all the beach babes! Awwww!

Mr. Fryman: Who's gonna buy my fries?

Kofi: And my pizza?

Mr. Smiley: Who's gonna have fun at Funland?

Mayor Dewey stomps his foot as he glares at Garnet. In response she just folded her arms.

Mayor Dewey: As mayor, I DEMAND you explain this immediately-!

Garnet slaps the megaphone out of the Mayor's hand.

Garnet: It was Lapis Lazuli.

Steven: Lapis Lazuli?

Y/N finally looks away from the horizon and stands next to Garnet.

Y/N: She's the Gem you released from the mirror.

Steven: But she's a Gem, just like us.

Pearl frowns as she looks at Steven.

Pearl: There's a lot you don't know about Gems, Steven...

The scene cuts to the inside of the beach house. Steven is packing his Cheeseburger Backpack as the Gems are discussing it in the kitchen.

Pearl: How could I have known the Gem contained in that mirror would be so powerful?

Steven finishes his packing and walks towards the door, passing by Greg and Connie in the house.

Connie: Where are you going, Steven?

Steven: I'm leaving to fix what I did to our home. I was the one who set Lapis free from the mirror.