Chapter 14: Beating some B*tches, Reunited with Friends

When I was younger, I often thought about it. Yes, even younger than I was now.

Why did so many 'cliche villains' appear in post-apocalyptic stories? It must be the laziness of the authors to think that crimes such as rape or theft would occur indiscriminately in such a situation. If the end of the world came, surely humans act more rationally than portrayed in fictional novels?

"It looks like they won't give it. Hey, go ahead and kill him! Capture the girl too!"

[Constellation: <Stardrifter>, is deeply angered by the words of the intruders. 500 coins have been sponsored.]

The answer was now right in front of me. I observed the men coming towards me, as well as the man watching from the rear. I gritted my teeth in anger. I'll blow all your brains to bits...

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' wishes for a fair judgment.]

The human imagination was cliché, yet real humans were even more cliché than the imagination.

I watched the trajectory of the iron pipe as it moved in a slow, funny manner through the air.

Weak. All of them were weak.

"I-If you don't run away then you really will die. Get lost!"

The four men surrounded Dokja-ssi and me. One was trembling but the others looked more relaxed than before. It was probably due to the advantage in numbers. A pathetic illusion, really.

"What are these brats doing?"

Along with a battle cry, one man rushed forward. It was clearly an inexperienced, defenceless posture. I swung my spear with ease, the weapon already becoming familiar in my hands.

Something popped. Then the sickening squelch of torn flesh echoed across the darkly lit tunnel. I flicked the blood off my spear, the drops creating ominous echoes across the enclosed space.

"Aaaaack! My leg! My leg!"

"You bastard!"

"Hit them together!"

All of the remaining men rushed at us all at once.

Really... Dokja-ssi could defeat these guys with one arm. Were all people this weak? I thrust my spear out, twirling it before slamming into someone's ankle. This was different to the subway. Before, the people had been innocent, and I had hesitated to harm them. But now...

What I'm dealing with now is scum lower than trash, so it should be fine to just take out the garbage.

The men had their thighs, arms and joints successively pierced by either Dokja-ssi or me and fell to their knees with a scream. But I didn't kill them. After all, the scenario's clear condition was to 'neutralize' them. Besides... wouldn't it be better to just let them suffer, make them feel the despair they had caused innocent people?

[The constellations of the absolute good system nod at your judgment.]

[A few constellations laugh at your humanity.]

Haha. good judgement my ass. Wouldn't it just be merciful to kill them off painlessly? Of course, that's not what I'm planning to do...

I won't stain my hands completely yet just because of these useless vermin. They aren't worth it.

[There are three minutes to the end of the scenario.]

"W-What the hell is this bastard? Why won't you die? And how is this weak-looking girl so strong- Urk!"

Another man leapt at me while exclaiming. I sighed as I aimed a kick at his stomach, sending him crashing into the wall, possibly breaking a few spinal bones in the process. Another man lunged at me, screaming while holding a chipped dagger.