A/N:

Good afternoon to all my readers, sorry for the long awaited update I have a few reasons for this and will be trying to explain here why its been so long for anyone who cares.

A) July kidded my A** here at work. I have mentioned before I work in a library and we are short-staffed. Now this is a "small" town library but besides those in the school we are the only library for the county so we do get a lot of people in here for copies, faxes, checking books out, etc.

B) I helped the person over our children's side with our annual reading program in July. That means two weeks for 1 to 1 1/2 hours 4 days a week keeping kids ranging from ages 2-10 (open to those up to ages 14 or older but had none this year) entertained and with craft projects. Plus a week of full prep on top of the last few months of prep we've done.

C) Already short staffed, and my boss was out during most of this because her brother passed away.

D) I am a notary, for those who know what that is, so since July 21 I have done 100+ notaries for people, most who came in all at once for 1+ hour twice a day for for 1 1/2 weeks. This was not strictly the notary I was doing, but also making copies, having to read the questions to those who cant read, faxing paperwork off, and trying to not loose my temper when patrons start talking over me, screaming at me, calling me names and doing so in front of others who are there for the same thing and sometimes in front of children. (Mind you most of these people are twice or tree-times my age and I live in the South so respect is something most of them expect from someone younger than them, no matter how they speak to me.)

E) Thanks to D, I ended up so sick for most of a weekend I couldn't eat without trying to throw up, sleeping for hours on end to sooth my stomach, a migraine and trying to not cry out of frustration that since I work here, am my age, and the new person, I can't tell them straight off to leave and go somewhere else for service since this is a public place for the community to use.

F) We are NOT allowed to update the computes to Windows 11 as it could cause our book system to completely fail. Somehow over a weekend, one I did not work that Saturday, the main desk computer, which I mostly use but is used by the others I work with do as well, it updated itself to Windows 11. Now I was hired for Genealogy, and since were short staffed and unless I have someone on my side, I work the front. So you can guess who got blamed for the update even though she wasn't even working that day. . . ME!

On top of that my boss went off on me the morning we realized it updated, basically accusing me of updating it to Windows 11, and when I tried to explain A) I didn't work that day and B) computers only go so long with you refusing to update them, they will update on their own, she basically screamed at me that it was me who did it, she told us not to update them, now she has to call the tech person, who BTW does not live here in the county anymore, he lives 2+ hours away, to see if it could be set back to its old setting, which it could. Then waited over 2+ hours before she apologized to me for accusing me, even though I had explained and showed her it had updated Saturday right when she accused me of this, and basically said the tech person told her the same thing I did and that was what happened.

G) I have been playing catch-up for my own section while doing all of this, and having some drama start over what has been going on over on my-side while the whole update thing happened. I wont go into details since I don't know who reads this and if any are from my area, so I won't mention everything but this.

H) I have half of the next chapter written and hope to have it up by next week, fingers-crossed, and I am trying something new with it as well so be prepared to comment at the end of that chapter or the next on if you like it or not.

I hope everyone is well and my thoughts and prayers are with those in Maui and Canada for these fires that are going on, and for the rest of the South as this heat-wave like those in the West continues to break-records with no end in sight.