Osmium

Chapter 76: Osmium

"So, how's it all going?" Riley asked; Taylor was sitting in Sarah's office.

"Getting there. Ward's lawyer is out of the country, so we're just waiting for someone to come out."

"I heard his daughter was taken from outside the station."

Andersson just nodded and swallowed back the fear.

"Is it true?"

"What? That she was taken, yeah, right under our noses."

"No, I mean that you were involved."

"Yeah."

"Andersson," It was Gerry Franklin, "Jack Johnson has just walked through the front door. He wants to speak to you."

Taylor stood up and followed Gerry quickly.

"Copeland's in there too," He said as he opened the door for the blonde.

"You fucking piece of shit, where is she?"

He smiled, "It's nice to see you too, Agent Andersson. I'm sorry your girlfriend is a little tied up at the moment," He laughed.

Bob grabbed her before her lunge reached the sneering sociopath.

"Settle down, or I'll have to ask you to leave," Copeland instructed.

She did as she was told, her blood was boiling, and she felt the adrenaline rush through her system.

"So I believe you're looking for me?" Jack smiled. He checked his watch, "But more importantly, you're looking for her." He eyed the blonde, "Everything was perfect until you came along. She wasn't happy, but she knew her place. She'd marry me. The plan was for an heir, then her usefulness was done, she'd die in some mysterious way, and I'd inherit everything. As is my birthright. I'm the firstborn son, after all."

"You knew she was your sister?"

"Half sister, yes. But she was just a means to an end."

Taylor was getting angrier. He spoke about Abby like she was nothing, "She's a person, you know, a human being. She is not a means to an end."

"To you. To me and Dad, she was only a vessel for the next coming. But she went ahead and ruined our plans for you. She texted me this morning but didn't even have the decency to tell me to my face. I followed her here. I watched you both the way you looked at each other. It's disgusting. You know you will go to hell. I don't fear death; I don't fear anything at all. I have served the lord all my life. Rid his glorious Eden of its sinners. Created a balance, and I will be rewarded."

"Where is she?" Andersson asked. She'd had enough of the pseudo-religious rhetoric to last a lifetime.

"She's still alive if that is what you are asking. For now," He smiled, "I will give you a chance. I'm not a cruel man. But it is too early yet. So I will give you my confession first. The more you interrupt, the longer that will take. The longer it takes, the less time you will have to find her."

"No."

"No?" Jack looked confused. Almost as confused as Bob.

"I know where she is," Andersson smiled. I also know it's ten to twelve, and I have just about three and a half hours to find her."

Jack looked annoyed.

Andersson stood up and left the room. Copeland followed.

"She is at the site at the hospital, and we have until 320 to find her. There is likely some kind of incendiary device.