3. Happy Birthday!

His eyes were fixed on someone, a river of emotions pooled in the form of goosebumps, their chat ran through his mind, and a beautiful smile formed impromptuly which made his heart beat faster. 

A handsome pic of Zhang Hao was on display on Hanbin's laptop. Whatever happened last night, was still very much reminding him of how guilty he was. How someone could be so nice, it was all running in his thoughts. 

Hanbin couldn't help but to doubt how bad of perception of himself he had formed before Hao. He would have been thinking about him as a bastard idol. But he knew, even though it was embarrassing and wrong, Hao was not thinking anything like that. 

He laughed thinking how could he be so stupid. And then for a straight hour, he searched everything about Hao on the internet, he wanted to know every single piece of information about the other person. He sighed at the limited amount of information available, he then understood how much Hao was good at keeping his personal and work life separate. 

And this made everything more interesting for Hanbin. He got up and went to get ready for the day ahead. 

He has cancelled all his schedule for today, because of a more important meeting which he had forgotten but got reminded by his mother. He dressed accordingly, a cute light pink hoodie with baggy pants. 

He reached the place after spending ten songs of time. And those ten songs were actually only one song on repeat. Also in between he stopped at a bakery to buy cake, chocolates and different kinds of sweets. This was the hardest job for him buying things while hiding his identity. But he had no choice but to accept all the disadvantages that came along with his dream. 

He entered the building before him, and was welcomed by a sweet lady in his fifties. 

"Hanbin, I knew you would come today. He is waiting for you in his room." She hugged him as soon as she saw him, and gave a motherly pat on his head. 

Hanbin smiled, "Aunt Kim, are you ageing backwards, you are looking more beautiful than last time?" He asked while scanning the lady's face before him. 

"Hanbin son, don't try this on me, you said the same thing last time." She patted on his back, and he laughed in response. 

"Okay, you should go, Hanbin. Yujin has asked me about you literally a hundred times since the morning." She pushed him lightly towards the stairs. 

"I have bought his favourite cake, I hope he likes it. You know, Aunt Kim, I kind of forgot his birthday today, my mom reminded me and now I feel so sad." Hanbin complained about his behaviour. He was thankful to his mother for reminding him. 

"Hanbin, it's okay, as long as you are realising your mistake and making amends for it.. It's fine." She comforted him while pinching his soft cheeks. 

Hanbin then quickly rushed to Yujin's room. He knew the little boy was earnestly waiting for him, so he made sure to spend his whole day with him and his friends. He would do anything to make Yujin's birthday joyful and memorable for him. 

Hanbin had always given importance to his work, his dreams, and his passion. However this little boy held a special place in his heart. 

In his trainee days, when Hanbin would get tired from everything, he used to go to his play school. Hanbin was a nostalgic person, his favourite time of his life was the time he spent in that school. Going there, trying to sit at a small swing, playing with little kids there, was what that used to comfort him. 

And one day, when he was almost about to give up, he went to the same school and met Yujin. He found himself having a fatherly attachment with him, at first it was a pity when he got to know that he was an orphan. But soon he became one of the reasons behind all his achievements. 

He felt like giving everything to him and doing anything for him. And then protecting the little child has become one of his goals. 

Once he even shared the idea of adopting him to his mother. But his mother made him understand that he was not ready yet for such a big responsibility, he was young, struggling with his life and dreams. He was emotional then, therefore Hanbin made a plan to adopt Yujin as soon as he made his career and himself more stable. 

He entered the room after briefly knocking on the door. Just when he stepped ahead, a balloon popped above his head, and a lot of spiders fell on him. And then the whole building knew that Hanbin had come just by his high pitched scream. 

"What the- please save me! What is this?"

"Hahahahahaha" Hanbin turned his head looking at some small kids along with Yujin who were hiding behind bed and now laughing at Hanbin being scared. 

"Hyung, those spiders are fake, you are a fool." Yujin ran towards him then and hugged him tightly after making fun of him. 

"I don't like you Han Yujin, you know I have a fear of spiders, you think this is funny. What if something happens, what if those spiders bite me…. Oh they are fake.. What if I get a heart attack!" Hanbin complained hastily while hugging back the little boy tightly as if his life depended on him. 

"You are silly, no one gets a heart attack because of spiders, because spiders are cute." Yunjin stomped his feet on the ground dramatically, he was seriously offended. 

"Spiders are cute? They can only be cute for you, they are just disgusting creatures." Hanbin exclaimed, he was not going to let the little boy win easily. 

"Hanbin hyung, it's Yujin's birthday today, why are you fighting with him?" Another small boy of Yujin's age walked towards them and stood beside the other boy while defending him. 

"You are right Ollie, okay so if Yujin's say spiders are cute then they are cute even if I don't really agree with it."

Hanbin kneeled before Yujin to match his height with him, and cupped his cheeks. 

"Happy birthday Yujin, I wish you all the happiness of this world, you deserve it and you deserve all the love and care. And I want to see you grow up well and be a part of the process. I love you, Yujina." Hanbin kissed on his cheek and hugged him again. 

"I love you too, hyung, you are the best. And I missed you a lot." Yujin said and held Hanbin's hand. "Can't you live with me here? Then me, my friends here, Aunt Kim and you, will be together like a family." 

Hanbin's heart tightened after hearing the question. He really hoped that he could leave his life behind, and be with Yujin all the time so that he could take care of him while giving him whatever he wanted. 

"Soon, soon we'll be together." Hanbin said this in a low voice, Yujin couldn't hear it. 

"Okay so it's time to cut the cake… wait who has done the decorations, it's so beautiful." Hanbin asked, looking at all the pretty coloured balloons adorning the walls of the room. 

"It's Aunt Kim, she has done all the decorations, she even asked me about my favourite colour, and I replied that it's pink." Yujin explained enthusiastically to Hanbin, he was really happy being around his favourite people.

"Oww.. Good job, Yujin! So here is your cake, wait let me call Aunt Kim too, after all she has decorated your room." Hanbin went back to call the older lady.

After Mrs. Kim arrived, they celebrated Yujin's birthday. He wished for Hanbin to be part of his family, and cut the cake. He got a set of chocolates from Hanbin as a gift, which he loved with his heart. Also he got pretty drawings and crafts from his friends, and good homemade food from Mrs. Kim. He was happy. 

Hanbin then played games with all the kids. He was not better than any kid, all of his time went arguing with them when he found them cheating. He was really very astonished with how these kids could be so shameless to cheat in front of others. 

Mrs Kim got a sudden call from downwards and she had to go back to check, and came back with someone behind her. 

-------------

Yujin and Ollie's age is five here.
Hope you are liking this story, if yes then please do comment your thoughts..