Chapter 5 - ''Hole in a rock...'' - Her

Beth didn't see much of Ronan that day, and was starting to worry that even though he had seemed genuine about wanting to hear her story it hadn't meant anything to him. He had left after their first deep conversation, which had been that morning, and the remainder of that day had been back to only eating dinner together and then smoking in the evening before bidding goodnight.

Beth hadn't exactly known what she was hoping to happen after she poured her heart out to him, but she was still disappointed when thinking that nothing had changed at all.

She went to bed that night feeling slightly more miserable than she would have hoped to, and when she woke up she felt no different. She decided there was no reason to rush out of bed, so once she had fully woken up instead of getting up to shower and change as usual she put on the tv that was now in her room and started watching one of her comfort shows.

She had barely made it 10 minutes in when she heard a knock at her door. Relatively annoyed at the disturbance, she grudgingly got up to go answer.

When she opened the door it was to see Ronan, and she noticed with the same level of shyness as the last time he had seen her in pyjamas that he was once again eyeing her up. This time it was not due to her in his clothes, but her satin lacy tank top and matching booty shorts.

Feeling both shy and still annoyed she didn't want to wait any longer for him to say something.

"I am not ready for breakfast yet, I'll come down when I want to."

"You might want to reconsider, I have something special today."

Beth could feel instant excitement at this but that feeling was replaced with skepticism at the fear of being let down.

"What is it?" She asked, wanting to make sure she wasn't getting her hopes up unnecessarily.

"You'll just have to come see, I promise you'll like it." Ronan had a small smirk on his face and a gleam in his eye that once again gave her a very excited feeling, but the excitement was a special kind.

"Alright, should I change first?"

"As nice as those PJs are... yes I think you should." If Beth wasn't mistaken she thought she heard a hint of regret in Ronan's voice when he said this, which caused a knot to tighten in her stomach for reasons unknown to her.

"I'll be down in ten minutes." As Beth closed the door, she realised she felt ten times lighter than she had only a moment ago, and thought it was astounding the kind of affect Ronan had on her, which both scared her and excited her at the same time.

She put on the cutest outfit she could come up with as fast as possible and made sure to put on some simple yet shiny jewellery. She still wasn't entirely sure why, because it made her feel extremely nervous and shy, but she loved when she could feel Ronan looking at her.

As promised, she was downstairs ten minutes later and met up with Ronan in one of the many rooms that was on the way to the dining room. When she caught Ronan's eye she smiled at him, pleased to see that him checking her out was not limited to while she was in her nightwear.

He stood, motioning for her to follow as he lead her to the dining room. What Beth saw filled her with happiness and gratitude.

The table was filled with all the perfect toppings and ingredients for French toast. Besides the mountain of fluffy French toast itself there was a beautiful selection of berry toppings, whipped cream, and bowls of things like chocolate chips and icing sugar, not to mention the other food items that there was often to choose from such as bacon and sausages. The level of detail put into this breakfast made her feel overwhelmingly thankful. She had had partners who hadn't put in this much effort to remembering something she liked or making her something special. She felt butterflies come alive in her instantly.