Contention

Nicholas Nelson stared idly at the messages on his screen.

He could feel the mattress stutter alongside his beating heart, face warming with the heat of anger such a name brought to him.

He remembered in Paris how Harry had declared that he had seen the wrong in his homophobic ways. He remembered the rage accompanied by hurt that burned in Charlie's eyes as he spun around after slamming the door shut, immediately loosening up as everyone greeted him with cheers--but Nick caught it.

Now, this absolute twat had the gall to attempt to message him?

What a joke.

Nick glared into space until the notification from Charlie finally popped up.

He tapped it instantly, hoping it would free his mind of the horrible memories and keep it away from Harry Greene altogether.

Charlie Spring: maybe, i am a bit tired tbh

Despite the residual anger, Nick's expression lifted. A half-smile crossed his face, his eyebrows raising slightly.

Nick: A bit?? You almost slept like 2 hours at my house today!!

Charlie Spring: what can i say you're just a very comfy pillow

Nick: I'm YOUR very comfy pillow tyvm

Charlie Spring: just wish i had you to lay on rn

Nick paused to ponder the message. He imagined Charlie asleep bedside him, hair awry and drooling at the corner of his perfect lips onto Nick's shirt. It made him warm.

Nick: Soon. We should try to convince your mum to let you sleepover soon

Nick: Did you eat dinner tonight? ❤️

Nick inhaled as he awaited the reply. 

Still, in the back of his mind, he found himself thinking about Harry's messages.

Charlie Spring: yes AND i had a chocolate milkshake (the superior flavour btw)

Nick: Well done Char!!! I'm so proud of you

Nick: I will be anyway once you get some sleep!!

Charlie Spring: fiiiineeee.. you're lucky you're so strong and charming x

The ginger-haired boy smirked softly, pressing his phone into his grip a bit tighter. He reached over and grasped his phone charger, putting it in the port.

Nick: Goodnight beautiful boy, I will dream about holding you ❤️

Charlie Spring: goodnight big rugby lad, sleep well x❤️

His chest rose and fell deeply, content. He reached over and turned off his lamp, snuggling into his sheets deeper.

As he swiped out of Charlie's conversation and prepared to lock his phone, the blue letters '1 Message Request' leered into him. He froze, fingers already on either side of his phone. He could just lock it and forget about it like he did with Harry as a whole. Just put down his phone and not worry about it any longer than he already had.

Change | Heartstopperजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें