that you might still be listening

About a week later the X-Men and acolytes were in another fight with one another and just like before rogue and gambit managed to sneak away and pretend to fight each other without someone hearing or seeing them "so gambit mind telling me why you kissed me last week in the ally?" Rogue asked looking him in the eye and gambit for once actually didn't say anything or have a line ready to use cause all he could think about was doing just that again "hey swamp rat are ya even listening?" She asked getting irritated with his lack of an answer "um well Cherie I well don't really know why " gambit said looking like he was disappointed in his own response and with rogue just waiting for him to say something else he found he couldn't not without getting lost in her emerald green eyes and the fact that she had quit wearing as much goth makeup bringing her eyes out more and once again without thinking he kissed her again and to his surprise she kissed him back for a minute before coming to her senses and pushing him away a bit causing a little whine to come from him something that shocked both of them resting their foreheads together just staring into each other's eyes emerald green looking into red on black "gambit if ya don't stop doing that someone will find out" she said in a whisper "I know Cherie and who knows maybe it be for de better non and it's remy" this caused rogue to look a little confused at him "mon name Cherie it's Remy lebeau" he said elaborating to her and after staring at each other again slowly leaning towards each other they heard a sound from behind them causing them to jump apart and look seeing someone that gambit didn't want to see "good to see you again cher" and with that voice gambit could only stare in shock "um gam...Remy who is that?" Rogue asked looking at gambit who could only answer with "Belladonna my ex fiance.."

(A/n I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to end this chapter so I just decided to do it this way anyways if I messed up on something just let me know)