Chapter Eight

"I can't believe we've been forced to decorate this stupid ballroom," Ian muttered, standing on top of a latter and reaching up to try and hang up a streamer. Christian stood at the bottom of the latter, staring up at his twin as the other Day Class students decorated the ballroom for the dance tonight. The Day Class had gotten the lowest score in the exam because Yuki had only written her name on the exam paper, and Ian had almost lost his voice by cursing at everything. Christian had blown up some balloons, but that was about it. He couldn't concentrate because he kept thinking of Maria Kurani, the Night Class girl who had gone up to him that day. Christian realised that Zero was uneasy around her, as if he hated her. Speaking of Zero, where the hell was he?

As Christian thought this, the door burst open and Zero walked in. He was covered in blood, and he was panting hard. Yuki got to her feet and they disappearer into a room. Ian cursed loudly and the latter begun to shake violently. Christian looked up in alarm a bit too late, and Ian crashed into him, knocking him to the ground and winding him. Ian cursed again and got to his feet, brushing himself off.

"That was a complete waste of time," he muttered, grabbing Christian's arm and pulling him to his feet. "You okay?"

"I can't breathe," Christian coughed, resting his head on Ian's shoulder. Ian petted his back, and high pitched squealing filled the air.

"KYAAA! Twincest!" the girls screamed.

"Eh? Twincest?" Ian asked, sounding confused.

"I'm pretty sure it's incest between twins," Christian coughed.

"Twin ... incest ... twincest. I get it." Ian suddenly got a wicked look. He cupped Christian's face in his hands and leaned towards him super slowly, and the entire room seemed to hold its breath as Ian got closer and closer to Christian's lips. Christian blinked his eyes at Ian in confusion, wondering what his brother was doing. And then he realised: was Ian going to kiss him. Christian put his hands on his brother's chest, trying to push him away, but Ian was stronger than him. Ian kissed his on the cheek, but Christian knew that the angle made it look like Ian had kissed him on the lips. At least his first kiss hadn't been stolen by his own twin brother!

"KYAAA!"

Ian sniggered and pulled away from Christian, turning around and climbing up the latter, finishing hanging the streamer, leaving Christian to hold his cheek where Ian had kissed him.

( T_T)\(^-^ )

"What's wrong Yuki?" Christian asked later that night as they stood together against a wall, watching the dancers. Yuki was unusually quiet, playing with the hem of the dress she was wearing. She sighed and looked up at Christian before grabbing Christian's hand and dragging him away from the dance.

"The new girl, Maria, has asked something of me," she says, leaning against a tree. "And I don't know what I should do."

"What has she asked you to do?" Christian asked.

"She wants me to kill Kaname for her," Yuki answered. "Or offer me and try and get you to offer yourself to her as well."

"You don't want to kill Kaname, but you don't want to offer me to her either?"

Yuki nodded and looked away. Christian sighed and pushed himself off the wall.

"Come on," he said. "Where is she?"

"Huh?"

"Well, we're going to offer ourselves to her, aren't we?"

Yuki sighed and followed Christian to meet Maria to offer themselves to the Pureblood.