Chapter 2

The next morning I'm woken up by Jason shaking me awake. I rub my eyes and blink up at him.

"What's up Jay?" He smiles at my nickname I've always used for him and tells me we gotta go to the track.

I jump out of bed and throw on a yellow shirt that's tied at the bottom, some black shorts, my yellow converse, and just leave my hair down in its natural waves. I rush downstairs and find Jason waiting for me.

"You ready D?"

"Yes!" I nod and start to follow him out but he stops in front of me.

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?"

I smile up at him. "I have friends now." He laughs and ruffles my hair.

When we get to the track I'm immediately looking around for Jett and Hunter. I can totally see those two brothers becoming my best friends. I don't see them anywhere so I just stick with Jason and take my phone out putting an AirPod in so I can listen to music. Jason starts signing some things that they're going to give away to fans this weekend so I go inside the trailer and take a seat at the table.

The door opens and I don't look up cause it's just a crew member and I see them just standing there.

"You can't even look up when your best friend walks in the room?"

I look up and see him standing there. "Jett! I'm so sorry I thought you were a crew member." I stand up and give him a hug, relaxing into it.

He makes me feel safe and secure. I pull away and look at him.

"So what are you up to Jett?"

He shrugs. "Just wanted to come see my best friend before I have to go do some interviews."

"Good luck with your interviews Jett!"

"Thank you!" He gives me a big cheesy smile before he walks out of the trailer.

A little while later, Jason comes in and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the trailer.

"We're going to the track now but I gotta change quick."

He disappears back into the trailer and comes back out in a couple minutes. His team manager comes over to me and tells me to stick with him as Jason rides off. We get to a good observation point and I quickly locate Jason out on the track. It was a very hot one today. I can feel the sun beating down on my back so I throw my hair up in a messy ponytail, just to get the hair off the back of my neck. I spot Jett as he pulls over to the side of the track, and then sees me so he rides over.

"How do I look out there?"

I roll my eyes and smile at him, "I'll let you know at the end of the day."

He nods and rides back out onto the track. I make sure to follow both him and Jason this time. They both look very comfortable out there and I find myself smiling to myself, feeling part of myself coming back the longer I'm with Jason. I lost all my friends my sophomore year of high school, they all got popular, and I stayed a nerd. I'm not into all the glitz and glam of life, I'd rather just be simple and save my money for something that really matters. Like a house or my college education. It feels nice to have friends again, even if they're very new friends and I only have them because of Jason. It makes no difference to me. After their riding time, the 250s go out and I stay to watch Hunter. Jason's team manager leaves after he makes sure I know my way back. While I'm watching Hunter, Jett comes and stands beside me. He throws an arm around my shoulder, and I put my hand on his arm. It feels so natural to be with Jett. I know he has no expectations and literally only wants to be friends with me, at least for right now,, but there's no pressure with him or Hunter. They make me feel like I can count on them and they would be there in a heartbeat if I needed them by my side.

"So how'd I look out there?"

I smile while still watching Hunter, "You looked really good out there actually. You looked more comfortable than Jason."

I turn to look at him and notice he's already looking at me while smiling. His gaze makes me blush and I push his head in the other direction.

"You're adorable you know that right?"

I shake my head, "Thank you, but no."

Jett just shakes his head at my answer. He grabs my hand and leads me back to the Honda tent. Someone comes over to us and has a very serious look on their face.

"You two should start thinking of what you're going to say in response to the photos that will be coming out."

I look confused but Jett nods his head and leads me inside the trailer.

'Multiple pictures are going to come out of the two of us being together and we need to both have a response to them. I'll follow your lead, whatever you want to say I'll say as well."

"Why do they need a response, can't we just ignore them, why is it anyone's business what we are or why we are hanging out together?"

He sighs and looks at me with pity. "I'm sorry but this is how it's gonna be from now on, girls around the world are going to be jealous and hate you and say nasty things about you on the internet. If you don't want to be friends with me anymore because of it I understand."

I think about what he just said for a moment and decide that being his friend will make me happier and worth all the negativity that will come from random people.

"Jett. I'm still gonna be friends with you. I can already feel a difference in me just knowing you for a day and a half. It's a good difference and Jason sees it too. I'm glad you're in my life. For now let's just say we're new friends and we're still navigating what our relationship is exactly. If that's okay with you?"

He smiles and kisses my head. "That's perfectly okay with me, Delilah."

DelilahA: my new bestie

Elhombre21: that hurts D

Jettison18: heck yeah bestie

Hunterlawrence: what am I then?