The School Life Part 3

Power woke up shortly after, she was a bit dishearted to not have Denji next to her in the morning for whatever reason. She brushed off the feelings and went out to the hall where she found Denji sobbing and mumbling. She rushed to him. 

"Denji? What's wrong?" She crouched next to him, Denji turned and leaned on her sobbing into her. Power got caught off guard but let him sob. He needed this she could tell. She gently wrapped her arms around him. 

"Do you umm... want to talk about it?" Power asked. She felt Denji shake his head. 

After about 10 minutes of sobbing Denji eventually calmed down. He looked Power in the eyes. His redness and puffiness made him look 10 times worse but also gave Power some comfort knowing that she also helped Denji through something. He spoke softly 

"I've got some good news. Kishibe enrolled us into high school."  

"Huh!? School!? Like that place where you go and sit with other humans for hours!?" Power responded shocked and confused. "Why would I need to go to such a facility?" 

Denji chuckled lightly "Dunno maybe because you're super dumb?" Denji seemed to be doing quite a bit better talking about school. Power looked at him in disgust

"I am NOT DUMB!" She shoved Denji, crossing her arms and turning away

Denji laughed "Oh really? Then prove it! You better be at the top of the class when we go to school!" 

"Top of the class? Does this school have some form of a rank system?" Power seemed to be warming up to school if it means she can show how much better she is than the other humans. 

"I think so, That's what they show on TV," Denji said. Power's face seems to contort in a wicked grin 

"Then I shall attend this school with you! and prove to all the other humans that I am their superior!" Power pumped a fist in the air. Denji smiled and nodded. 

"Alright then. He said we start next week. So it'll be on a Monday. Man, I'm so pumped! Finally, I get to go to school!" Denji pumped a fist into the air alongside Power.