𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13

☾✯✯✯✯✯☽

Somniphobia is the intense fear of sleep

Somniphobia is the intense fear of sleep. Velaris Archeron, however, was afraid of waking up.

Somehow, she preferred her nightmares over reality. At least the pain in those dreams is not real.

Reality sucked. Especially this reality. The one where she was fae. The one where she was used by men. Again.

The one where Velaris Archeron was dying—seizing on the ground at the guards' feet, power bursting out of her.

Azriel tried to crawl to her with the little strength he had left, his bloody fingers just barely touching her shaking ones.

He couldn't lose her—not when he didn't even have her.

Vel's heartbeats were fading—her body unable to process the rush of power entering it.

And what power it is.

While her looks changed when the glamour caging her true self broke—her power seemed to magnify after entering the Cauldron.

She still looked the same except the beautiful purple markings that appeared on her body, her black Illyrian wings were even bigger than Azriel's—and Rhys's heart clenched at the sight of them.

He could've taught her, he realized.

He could've taught her how to fly as a young babe.

He could've taught her how to control the power that seemed to make every male in the room want to kneel at her feet.

Her power was...strange.

Powerful and ancient and ruthless, but also—feminine. Like she could merely breathe and force a man to his knees.

The daughter of the most powerful High Lord in history was even more powerful than him. The thought made Rhys strangely proud.

"VELARIS," Nesta yelled as she recovered from her shock, springing to her feet and running towards Vel's body.

Velaris was still seizing, her eyes fluttering as her back arched.

"Who are you?" Velaris asked the female that appeared in front of her.

"My name is Catalina," the beautiful woman that looked so much like Nesta said, "Catalina Armstrong. We need to talk, Velaris Archeron."

"Vel," Nesta sobbed as Velaris stopped seizing as did her heart stopped beating.

Azriel let out a yell of rage and pain as he felt his mate dying.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Velaris asked Catalina, mistrust clear in her eyes.

Catalina smiled at her, "because I am your sister. Well, your sister from another world."

Vel frowned in confusion. Is this bitch for real?