Sophia Ascart: The Albino Bibliophile

Katarina sighed as she closed the book, feeling dreamy after reading it's contents. ''It's just as wonderful every time I read it'' she said to her self, looking at the book cover.'' 'Sophia and the Emerald Princess....' A tale of friendship between a princess and a commoner girl. It's just so Beautiful!'' she squealed, falling back onto her bed, clutching the book close to her chest.

The sound of a knock broke the ambience Katarina was drawn in, the door opening to reveal Anne standing there. ''Lady Katarina, if I may....'' Anne trailed off, looking at her mistress who was laying on her bed, clutching a familiar book close as if someone would snatch it from her. ''That same romance novel again?'' she questioned.

''Yes. I can't fathom why such a wonderful story is considered low-brow reading in noble society'' Katarina answered, lifting the book up to stare at the cover again.

' I immersed myself in manga and anime in my previous life, so frankly I was feeling stared for a good story. Oh, I wish I could talk about this with someone!'' She thought dreamily.

''Incidentally, you've received an invitation.'' Anne informed, showing a letter stamped with a red seal.

''An invitation?'' Katarina questioned, leaning up to accept the letter and opening it from the seal. ''From Gerald and Alan? Huh.... so the two of them are hosting a tea party. Then I bet lots of people will- That's it! This is the perfect chance!'' she squealed, taking in the letter's contents.

' I'm going to find a fellow romance novel fan there!'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''What? I've been invited to a tea party? a girl asked her parents, standing next to her older brother.

''Along with Nichol of course'' her mother said, watching her two children with loving eyes next to her husband.

''Brother...'' the girl asked her brother, Nichol, who nodded his head silently in confirmation.

''You need to get used to the outside world, even if only a little at a time. Understand?'' her father asked, kneeling down to face his daughter. The girl looked at her father nervously. Because of her 'condition' she did not go to out to tea parties and preferred to keep indoors where she was 'safe'.

''Don't worry, you won't be going alone either, Nichol's friend will also be attending, I heard he has a sister around your age'' her mother said, looking out the window to see a carriage arriving, horses whinnies, announcing the visitor's arrival.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the palace, servants where elegantly moving around, setting up silverware, plates and decorations for the tea party. Gerald watched as a section of the royal gardens was decorated with banners, statues and arched hedges of roses. The tables where laid with silk white tablecloths and stone pathways were strategically placed for people to stand on.

''This is all awfully elaborate'' Alan said as Gerald turned to face him.

''Well, lots of guests will be attending. it must be the perfect tea party'' Gerald explained

''Perfect, huh? Typical you. By the way, I guess there are things even you can't handle, huh?'' Alan said, was his brother's face grow sour. To most people, it would be a secret weakness, but the brothers knew the true reason being a duke's daughter and a toy snake.

''It's not that I can't handle them. I just don't like them that much.'' Gerald retorted

''I thought there was nothing you couldn't handle, and nothing you couldn't do'' Alan smugly said, revelling in his brother's fear of the scaley reptile.