Chapter 121: Pie Piper

Takes place after chapter 117

"Does anyone else think that Auntie Luna reads us some strange stories sometimes?" Hailey asked.

"You don't like her stories?" Hadley gasped.

"I didn't say that!"  Hailey pushed Hadley and they got into a shoving match.  "I'm just saying some are really strange."

"I'd believe that there is a pipe that plays music to attract rats," Dahlia said diplomatically.  "Hedwig dances when there's music."

"Well yeah that's believable," Hailey said.  "But the whole kidnapping children after with music is sorta weird and creepy."

"They should have kept their agreement though," Hadley said.  "Agreements are binding."

"But it wasn't the children's fault," Hailey argued.  "They're being punished for something their parents did.  That's the bad part."

"Okay yeah, that's true," Hadley conceded.  "What do you think, Dally?"

"That our parents wouldn't ever do anything like that," Dahlia said firmly.

"Well duh," Hailey and Hadley said together with unshakeable conviction.

"And I'm thinking about pies," Dahlia said after.

"Why?" Hailey asked.

"Because the story was about the Pied Piper."

"I don't think those are the same pies," Hadley mused.

"Probably not, but I'm still thinking about pies," Dahlia said.

"Now I'm thinking about pies," Hadley said.

"I'm not."  Hailey flushed after intense scrutiny from her god-sisters.  "Okay maybe I am shut up."

They continued walking down the path away from Luna's home.

"We're going to be making pies, aren't we?" Hailey asked.

"I mean, you don't want to?" Hadley asked.

"No, I'm not against it.  We just do this a lot, don't we?  We do something, one of us gets hungry, and then we make something that's sorta related to what we did."

"Sounds like us," Dahlia giggled.  "You made those awesome hand pies forever ago for Daddy's favorite food competition."

"Oh yeah!" Hailey smiled.  "They were tasty weren't they?  Though I mostly rolled them and folded them.  Mummy made the dough and the filling."