Twelve

Eve,

Sorry I haven't been able to talk much, my mother and father have been on me to study and practice and do anything but rest. They're both on edge, like something big is about to happen.

Either way, I do apologise. If you wanted, I was thinking that on Friday we could meet up in Diagon Alley, do some school shopping. It's better than my mother and who best to shop for school with than a Ravenclaw?

D

I sat in my bed in France giggling like a little girl as I read the letter, my cheeks were blushing from the reminder of what it felt like to be with him.

However, all that was swiftly overshadowed by the worry of not hearing anything from Harry for a month and half now. The last time I'd heard from his was when we said goodbye at King's Cross with our mouth's full of sweets.

I had decided that I had to go rescue him, besides I was staying with Dursley's as of tonight so it would be perfect. I would go and collect Harry and bring him with me, everyone would be happy.

As for Draco, tomorrow was Friday and I was sure I'd be able to sneak out for the day, at least a couple of hours. So, I wrote back and agreed, all while telling him I understand, and I hope his parents ease up on him.

I packed my trunk, I didn't plan on being back here before the next summer holiday, and even then, I was hoping to spend it with Sirius. He was another person I hadn't heard from, and it made me so worried I felt sick.

Before I knew it, I was in the train station in Paris on my way to Surrey – wherever that is.

/*

I ended up following the address Harry had given me and it led me to a small suburban area that was positively boring. The only way I could think to describe it was brown.

I shook off the feeling of everything being too normal and went up the door. I knocked on it and I heard a kerfuffle inside, an argument as to who should get the door.

In the end a rather large man with a very little neck opened the door and gave me a curious look.

"We aren't buying any cookies for your Brownie's club or whatever it is your selling" he spat at me, and I was rather taken aback by just how rude this man was. He went to close the door, but I was adamant that I would see my brother.

"Actually, I'm here for Harry" I smiled sweetly as I saw the look on his face drop, and he shouted for a Petunia. He was going slightly red, and he stood in between the hallway and the outside, leaving me outside.

"Yes, Vernon" a woman's voice came down the stairs and he just gestured with his eyes to me.

"She's here for ... Harry" he mumbled and stared me down as if he was trying to warn me. In reality, I wanted to burst out in laughter at his attempt at intimidation.

"Oh-Oh my gosh" the woman said as she put herself in the place where the man was. He had ventured into what I assumed to be the kitchen. She eyed me up and down and the blood left her face. "Why do you need him?" she asked curiously.

"Taking him to a friend's house for the rest of the summer" I told her plainly. She nodded and called him down, albeit in a rather rude manner. I did gather they weren't too polite as I was still on their porch.

"A-Are you related to Harry" I shot her a confused look, did she not know about me and the reason we were separated.

"W-Well yeah, I am. We're twins" I told her, my breath hitched in my throat. Her eyes widened and she got closer to me, examining my features.