Free Time

Sigh. Even after we worked together to investigate we still have no clue who's behind this, why we're here, or how we can escape.

That reminds me, Soda told us to come to the beach. I better go find Raku before Soda gets mad.

It didn't take long to find Raku. I found him immediately after leaving my cottage, he was just standing by the bridge.

"Hajime, I was just about to knock on your cottage." Raku smiled at me.

"Hey, Raku. Um... Weren't you with Chiaki."

"I carried her to her cottage. She could use a break to be honest, the whole time we were investigating I had to carry her around because she was always falling asleep."

Well... she DID stay up all night playing video games...

"By the way, I saw Soda earlier. He was with Hanamura, they were headed to the beach. I think they found out how to split the coconuts."

"I guess we won't be needing this sword replica I found earlier." I said raising the sword.

"Whoa! That's a very well made replica. If your not gonna use it, can I borrow it for a while?"

"Sure. But what for?"

I gave the sword replica to Raku.

"I just want to look cool while I walk around. Don't you think it makes me look like a badass swordsman from an action manga?" He said posing like a badass samurai.

He kinda does look like one but if he tries to swing it, he'll probably just look like a kid with a stick.

"Lord Hajime, Let us be off to go meet, Lord Soda." He said as we began to walk towards the beach.

He's getting into character!? Maybe he just really likes action manga with swordsmen?

Come to think of it, Raku never really talks about himself that much, huh? Maybe we can use this time to get closer to each other

"Hey, Raku? Where'd you go to highschool before enrolling in Hope's Peak?"

"Kodaka Highschool."

He talked calmly and there wasn't anything special about Kodaka Highschool but it really surprised.

"That's the same highschool I went to."

"Really? It's a shame we never bumped into each other until now. Though even if we HAD met I doubt we would have become friends."

Why did he say it like that? Could it be?

"Did you not have a lot of friends?"

"Busted, huh? What gave it away?" Raku sighs. "It's not like I was a loner or anything. My family decided that I was to become the next head of the family business, I was always honing my skills to become the next head. So I never had a lot of time to make friends."

"What was your family's business?"

"Inn keeping and hotel management. My family owns a lot of lodging houses, we even have Inns that were preserved from the Edo Period."

Raku continued to tell me about his family business and though there was enthusiasm in his voice, it sounded fake for some reason.

"My parents were strict too. Everytime I  would see them the would tell me "Don't leave your stuff lying in the living room!", "Clean up after yourself!", "You're the next head so you need to always be prepared", although I never really got to see them much because of how busy they were."