Chuuya + Dazai

Chuuya sat in the living room of the man's appartment. Huddled in a corner of the couch, he wrapped a spare blanket around himsef. It felt warm, like a hug. His eyes fluttered slightly, trying to stay awake. It felt humiliating that he couldn't sleep unless Dazai was in the room. His attachment was sickening but he couldn't figure out a way to resolve it. He jumped when he heard the door creak open.

It was Dazai, he was finally home. He saw Chuuya cradling himself on the couch, and a smirk formed on his face. He immediately knew that something was up. Chuuya flinched when Dazai made his way over. He would never admit that he missed him, which is why he stayed up in the first place. Dazai knew exactly how to ease him from his stress. He could tell by the quiet, nervous look on his face that Chuuya was about to slip.

"Oh? whats such a little boy doing up so late?" He softly cooed, sitting himself right next to Chuuya. The boy grumbled, his eyes downcast. Dazai leaned in and whispered, rubbing his back.
"I think I need to tuck someone into bed, isn't that right?" He chuckles as Chuuya's face gets more red.
"Like hell I—"
"Hey!" Dazai interrupts, "Such a potty mouth. You're not old enough to use those big boy words."
Chuuya tries to glare, but it looks like a strained pout. He mumbles softly, moving his trembling fingers near his lips, wanting to chew on them. The other man cant help but giggle at him. The mans voice gets soft and sweet. "You stayed up this long just for me?" Dazai smiles, caressing Chuuya's hair between his fingers. "Somethings bothering you then. Tell me."

Chuuya buries himself deeper in the blanket, not wanting to make eye contact. He suckles on a few of his fingers. His expression seems kind of pathetic. Dazai waits patiently for an answer, stroking the side of his face with his knuckles. When about a minute of silence passed, though, he scoops the boy up and begins to rock him, holding him in his lap and pressing his lips to his forehead. Chuuya went red, his eyes wide yet curious. He never expected Dazai to be so forward with regressing him.

He heard a gentle tune being hummed in his ear, the weight and softness of the blankets and Dazai's arms wrapped around him made his head feel foggy. He leaned his head in, resting in the crook of the mans neck. His eyes were half closed, and his body was still curled up like a ball.

"Thats it, sweet thing. Let's get you changed for bed, you need lots of rest."
Chuuya shook his head.
"..Nuh." He mumbled through his fingers.
"Why not, buttercup? Don't be grumpy."
Dazai scritched underneath his chin like one would a kitten. Chuuya's eyes only got more sad.
"Nuh!" The boy whined, his baby talk pertruding.
Dazai thought for a moment, unsure of what to do. He held the boy closer, shushing him and gently nuzzling his hair.

"You don't want to go to bed? Or you don't want to be changed?" Dazai asks, lifting the boys chin. He could see tears well up in his deep blue eyes. Chuuya grunted in response. He felt a cold hand reach up to wipe his tears away.
"Its alright, I'm not going anywhere." Dazai smiles down at him, then thinks for a moment.
"How about we just try to get changed, and if you don't like it papa can leave the room. How does that sound?"

Chuuya's face lit up when Dazai used 'papa', and began to accept his trust again. He nodded and sniffled, rubbing his fists under his eyes. Dazai lifted him out of the blanket and carried him to his bedroom. He set Chuuya on the bed, which made him nervous. His legs were shaking sitting alone in dim lighting, even though he could see Dazai right there.

The man gathered a soft plain shirt, matching shorts and some thin socks. He laid it out in front of Chuuya, looking at him expectantly.
"Are you ready?" Dazai speaks sweetly to him, offering his hand. The boy hesitates, but takes it, and is stood up in front of Dazai.

"Lift your arms, please." A simple request. Chuuya raised his forearms, but only to the low of his chest. Dazai pauses, but regains his encouragement.
"Up-up-up! Like a tall tree!" He beams, and Chuuya cracks a smile, lifting his arms up above his head. Dazai quickly pulls his old shirt over his head, and before Chuuya could move got the pajamas over him.

"Now, your bottoms.." Dazai taps his chin, looking at the pair of fluffy shorts. He lifts them up in front of the boy, but Chuuya looks away, taking a step back.
"..papa?" Chuuya whimpers.
"What is it, buttercup?"
He hugs his arms around himself, and his bottom lip pertrudes.
"..papa. Leave now." The boy mutters, looking up anxiously. Dazai softens his gaze, and places the shorts back onto the bed.
"Tell papa when youre ready again, okay? I'll be right outside, if you need help."
"..m'kay."
The man steps away and exits, flashing the boy a little grin before he shuts the door.

Dazai waited on the couch. It was very silent for a few minutes, but he could hear a faint babbling coming from the room. It was soft at first, but it turned to whines. He was about to knock when a little voice spoke up.
"Papa! 'm done!"
Dazai clicks open the door, Chuuya beaming proudly in his pajama shorts.
"Good job, baby boy!" Dazai cooes, patting Chuuya's head with compassion. The boy smiles, making soft 'baa' sounds. He lets Dazai put the socks on him, and soon enough he was in bed.

"Would you like a bed-time story?" Dazai asks, pulling the blankets up to the boys chin. Chuuya shakes his head softly.
"..Nuh. Papa enuff." The boy mumbles, his eyes drooping more every time Dazai's hand moves through his hair. His fingers come up to be suckled on again.

"Goodnight then, my sweetheart." The man says, kissing his temple and forehead. "Papa loves you very, very much." He winks, then reaches to turn out the lamp. Chuuya was already fast asleep. Dazai gently pryed his fingers out of his mouth, and gave a small kiss to his forehead.

He left the room, leaving the door slightly open. He thought about sleeping next to the boy, but that might've been too much of a fright for him. He opted for the couch, but it was a comfy couch. The blankets all smelled like Chuuya now. Dazai was satisfied.