Chapter 1 - Lost and Found

It was late in the evening, rain falling, shoes slamming against the pavement.

"Why...why did you do it...I slaved to give you the life you wanted..."

Panting and running through the rain, he shelters the child within a box, held in his arms with a blood stained jacket.

"I was never satisfied with you...! Just leave us alone, you pathetic excuse of a man!"

His breathing became much more labored, stopping at a gate while looking at the child one last time.

"Just leave me alone...!"

Bringing out an umbrella, he gave whatever shelter he could make for the infant as the rain masked his tears.

"I'm sorry...this is the only thing I can give you."

Hiding a note in the blanket that carried him, ringing the doorbell as he never looked back.

The man ran, as fast as he could for that matter. But where was he heading you might ask? He doesn't know as well, but the sound of cars driving down the highway could be heard, until finally...only silence was heard.

In this same moment, the door of the home that was disturbed opened, letting the door of fate rattle in the wind with the infant's cry.

"Oh dear...who left you here...?"

A woman's voice gently asked as she caressed the child's face, calming it down.

"Who would leave a child out here in the freezing rain...?"

The man next to her complained, looking at the box to find nothing there, but noticed a note poking out the child's blanket.

Pulling it out, sadness filled his eyes, examining the paper stained with blood.

"I'm sorry..."

Is all it said, and in that single statement he knew...this child was never lost...

"Let's go inside for now."

He stated, the woman agreeing as they walked inside together, child in arms.

"We need to contact the police, maybe there's a missing child report..."

She pondered her decisions, but the man simply shook his head and showed her the note.

"I see...well, no one's going to take care of...him..."

She replied after checking, but fate had other ideas.

"Or maybe...we can...?"

Ever since that day, destiny has changed for them...and for...

"Kazuki..."

The woman said to the man, gently giving the child to the man.

"You named him already?"

The man asked.

"Yes...it means "Hope of Peace"...I believe this poor boy needs it..."

She stated, now feeling sorry for the child.

"I see... well then, I think we're both in agreement...welcome to the family, Kazuki..."

Two years go by quickly, the child that was crying is now three years old, running around happily in the home. He was showered with love, hope, and most importantly, happiness for which will last him a lifetime.

"M-Mommy...I got you some water..."

Kazuki said, carefully holding a glass, which he has a hard time holding, and presented it to his mother. I was still a child at this time, so my coordination and strength was still bad...