Chapter 1: The Perfect Night

"Isn't she the most beautiful girl… Francis?" I heard my mother say while she held me in her arms, at a young age, pretty much as a newborn, I'm genius enough to hear and understand their words.
"Indeed she is. She looks so much like you, Elisa." My father replied, I then opened my eyes and finally saw them. I can see the happy faces of my parents and it also made me smile a tad bit. I get why my mother chose my father, he is quite good looking! But my mother? She was a goddess when I turned to see her. I'm quite lucky, but I do wonder what I'd look like when I grow up.

2 years later
My brother was born, Grainger Auclair. From what I can honestly recall, he was a spitting image of my father. Nothing really happened during the two year cut, I was mostly your average kid. Crying here, crying there. You know the basics.

5 years later
"Guinevere, wake up, I told you we're going somewhere." My father said while shaking me awake. "Where… are we going, dad…?" I replied, I was so sleepy at this point that I fell to my father and I heard him laugh. "I'm going to show you the main control room, haven't I promised?" "Oh! That's today, dad!?" I jumped out of bed or rather his embrace and jumped up and down. "Am I old enough to see!? Yay!" Thanks to my father, I have a chance to see the control room, being the oldest is the best as I get to see the main control room at an early age. I held my father's hand and walked with him to the room. I, of course, turned around to give the control room some privacy. But I was shocked when my father whispered it to me. "11073103" with a grin on his face, I was smiling widely as I promised to him I'll keep it a secret and walked with him inside.
Everything was so modernized and techy, so many computers… data files… downloaders… and a bunch of AI technology, and in the middle was the entire galaxy ahead of us, I was in awe as my father laughed and pats my shoulder. "You see everything ahead? Your father is currently going to it and will explore it! Aren't you excited?" I nodded immediately as I was starstruck on how beautiful the galaxy was… "Dad…? Is there a chance I could be the one to explore it someday like you…?" My dad was a little skeptical about my dream, he told me how dangerous it is, but the more I hear it's dangerous, the more thrill I get. I knew my dad loved me but not enough to support me in my "elaborate" dream and had always wanted Grainger to be the one inheriting everything he had accomplished. But as always, I'd shrug it off. I continued to explore the control room while my father handled his work. I would ask the staff how some of the controls work and how important each and every one of the buttons are. One stood out, I became close with one of the staff, Mercio, he handles the weaponry system of the whole station. He taught me years upon years of training to master weapons within a few minutes. I liked Mercio, he is like a master to me. In my eyes, he was the guy who had infinite knowledge on weapons! He knew where some parts go and where some parts don't. He even taught me how to use a space gun, a rifle, and my favorite… Swords! He taught me how to handle those weapons within a short span of minutes, he also sometimes makes funny jokes and makes me laugh a bit. He is really like a master at everything about weaponry! But eventually, dad finished and I had to go back out, I thanked Mercio and left with my dad. And boy, did I tell you, I babbled to my dad on everything Mercio told and taught me, I was so happy with everything I said, I spoke Mercio's name with pride in my tone as I held him in high regards. And to put it simply, my father loved listening to me, he listened to everything and would make nice comments about it as well, he told me I was more fit for a hunter than a Captain. Which made me a bit disappointed since all I wanted to be was a Captain, but I decided to let destiny run my life as I continued to babble until I grew tired. I went back to our little house in the station and what awaited me was brunch! My mom is a great cook and cooks the most delicious food you'd ever taste! I quickly sat down and smiled at my mom. "What are you cooking for today, mom?" "You and your brother's favorite, chicken curry with mashed potatoes on the side!" I squealed in excitement and took my plate, my mother's curry was nothing compared to others as it was a recipe from 6 generations of my mother's side of the family! I began to eat immediately as it smelled so good and I couldn't resist. "Be careful Guinevere, it's a bit hot…" My mother warned me but I kept on until… "AHHHHH! IT'S SO HOT!!!" I screamed as my family laughed. "I told you dear… it's hot…" My mother said as she wiped the food out of the corner of my mouth and chuckled a bit. "Do be careful next time my dear… Same goes for you Grainger, always blow your food first.". My mother sternly said while wagging her finger, me and my brother nodded at the same time and continued to eat… carefully this time.
The rest of the day was spent with me playing with my brother, or just sleeping or going to Mercio. Until it was finally bedtime. I ran to my room. My room is located on the top part of our little house where I can see the stars clearly and some of the other planets around the universe! I went up to my bed and pulled my blanket up. I waited for my parents since they'd tuck Grainger first, I smiled widely when I heard my door open and my parents came with a smile on their faces. "Good girl, already knowing the instructions." "Of course! We do this every night! And I'd never get tired of it!" I said to my father, my mother continued to smile before fixing my blanket and stroking my hair. "Now is my little princess ready for her song?" "Yes yes yes! A million yes!" I said excitedly as I held on to my blanket and closed my eyes. "Space is a wonderful place… Full of wonders and wanderers~" My mother's voice is soothing and calming… I could see myself hearing it a million or more times… "Sleep well my dear… This song is only for you to hear… Must I go? Or must I stay? But don't be astray… For your guardians will always stay with you… Remember the colors of the Galaxy hue… For it will guide you through… The stars will align for you… Follow it and you'll find something true…" My mother sang, I slowly began drifting to sleep as I hugged my pillow.

This is the perfect night. Nothing will take it away from me…

Perfect Conflict On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara