Chapter 2: The Perfect Girl

The next day, I woke up from that night, I could still hear my mother's voice singing, fresh in my ears. I yawned and stretched my arms out before sitting down on my bed, I look outside my window, it was usually just the space but my dad programmed it to look like what we would usually see on Planet #01 (The Earth). In my window, the sun is out and the room was filled with what they call "sunlight". I jumped out of bed and went to the dining table, the space pod was empty. "Looks like mom and dad went out again… and Grainger most probably is with his class…"  I found a note in the fridge telling me to eat breakfast that was prepared early on and to get ready for the day. "Knew it. As expected of them." I did what I was told and after, I decided to shower because I have something in mind to do today. I went back to my room and got myself some clothes, the usual type of clothes I wear, some skirt with a blouse and some shoes, nothing much. "Perfect! Now for my hair… hm…" I decided to just be simple and use a headband. After getting ready, I went out of the space bubble and walked to Sir Mercio's office.
As I got there, I knocked on the door and awaited his permission to let me in. "Come in" Sir Mercio said, I smiled and slowly entered the room, I saw him on his desk working. "Ah, Ms. Auclair. Nice to see you again." He said. He uses the formal way of greeting me as I am the Captain's daughter. I tried to tell him it was okay to call me by my first name but he insisted, so who am I to refuse? I smiled and walked to him but I noticed someone on the seat next to him, it was a little girl, about my age, playing with dolls and such. As I was seated in front of Sir Mercio, I couldn't help but look at the girl closely. She had light blue eyes like an ocean, had her hair tied up in a gentle and formal bun, and wore a sunflower dress. She looked a little bit more of a kid, I mean of course, she's just about the same age as me, 7 years old. I turned to Sir Mercio and asked, "Sir? Who is she?" I tilted my head and awaited his answer, but to my surprise the girl spoke. "I'm Kyra Yesha Raether… I'm his daughter…" Such soft and shy voice, she looks like someone who is fragile. "Oh? Well then, I'm Guinevere Elise Auclair. Nice to meet you, Kyra." I said with a smile, it seemed like my smile made her a bit confident as she smiled back at me. "Ah… Seems like she's comfortable with you, Ms. Auclair." Sir Mercio stated, I asked why and he opened up that since his wife died, Kyra was scared of showing emotions and that she was kind of fragile, just like I had expected. I got out of my seat and went to her, I smiled again and offered a handshake. "Don't worry. I'll be your friend Kyra!" My words seemed to have captured her as she nodded and accepted my handshake, she didn't talk much as she mostly spoke with her actions, she patted me a seat next to her and I agreed as I sat beside her. "Girls, I will leave you two for now.  Ms. Auclair, please take care of Kyra" "You can count on me, Sir Mercio!" I replied with a smile, I could see Kyra being hesitant as Sir Mercio left, I took her hand and smiled, "Don't worry. I'll be here!" She smiled and handed me one of her dolls. I played with her, she's kind of like a baby, she laughs more easily than she looks like. When you see someone who looks like she's fragile, you immediately think, she cries easily, she is quiet. But no… Kyra is just quiet at first but when you get to know her and when she's comfortable with you, she is a more cheerful gal.
"Uhm… Guinevere… May I call you, Elise?" Kyra suddenly asked, I thought for a bit and then nodded. "Of course." "You can call me Yesha if you want…" She said while looking down at the ground, she is like a precious gem and is like a shy girl… A polite one though. "I'm more used to Kyra, but I'll try!"
"Hey uh… Elise? You want to play tag?" Kyra said as she stood up and offered her hand. "Sure, I would not mind it at all." I took her hand whilst looking up to her, I could feel the ocean through her blue eyes, this is the part where I felt the world stop, this sight made me smile a bit before snapping out of it and standing up. But then, "Tag! You're it!" Kyra started the game without my knowledge. I see her run with a smile, I can't help but chuckle and run to her to try and tag her. "Don't try to escape, Kyra!"
After a while of playing tag, while Kyra was chasing me, she tripped on one of her toys and fell face first to the ground. It took a while before I realized. I only realized when I heard her cry. "Hey hey hey… Kyra… look at me…" I kneeled down to her, Kyra was covering her eyes. "E-... Elise…" She stammered as I slowly removed her hand and saw one of her eyes bleeding. "Oh heavens…" "Elise… I'm scared of blood please… Help me…" She begged of me, I held her close to me and helped her to stand up, she was breaking down in my arms. I looked at her wound and sighed. "Kyra, can you stand?" I asked, she shook her head 'no', I figured she's breaking down and is having a hard time carrying her body. I then groaned a bit under my breath and carried her in a bridal style, she was lightweight anyways so I easily carried her, I could tell she was surprised. "Elise…" "No. Your wound is more important, you're bleeding out." I've always been calm when it comes to problems, I rushed her to the nearest space clinic and immediately ordered the nurse to attend to her. I put her down on a bed and was told to leave by the nurse, as I turned to leave, Kyra took my wrist. "Stay… please, I need you to explain this to dad…" I chuckled softly as I asked the nurse to stay and luckily she agreed. I waited for Sir Mercio while Kyra was getting treated.
A few minutes later, Sir Mercio came. "Ms. Auclair! What happened to my daughter!?" I could tell he wasn't mad, he was just worried. "She tripped and fell while we were playing tag. I think a toy hit her eye…" I explained the situation, as Sir Mercio took a sigh of relief and smiled a bit. "Thank you… For attending to her immediately…" Sir Mercio shook my hand and I smiled back. I looked back at Kyra and mouthed that I needed to go. She smiled and nodded. "Well Sir, I must go, Father must be waiting. I'll be back to play with her again though! I've enjoyed her company!" I said as I looked up to Sir and he patted my shoulder and went to Kyra. I took one last look of Kyra and went back to my Space Bubble. I basically told my parents what had happened and they quite enjoyed it. The whole evening was spent as usual. But I'm happy to have a friend now in the Station, and I look forward to seeing her again.

I will do anything to make her happy. To keep her safe and sound as I had promised to Sir Mercio and Kyra.