Chapter 2

Abbey Halloway

"Abbey." The voice sounded like it was coming from every part of the now under water room.

As I floated down I thought. Maybe this is the end. I die from this mysterious water of drowning. Lack of oxygen. That's what they would say at the morgue after my autopsy.

"Wake up Abbey." Drake's voice sounded loud now as I was able to detect it was his.

I shot up from my bed in a cold sweat. My bed completely soaked in my sweat.

"Are you okay?" Drake asked. I looked up to see his eyes full of worry locked on me as he slide his hand on my head.

"I-I'm fine... I think." I stated sitting up a little more. The sun was coming up shining through the window. 

"What time is it?" I asked looking at the window. The sun usually sets opposite of my window.

"It's 8 A.M." Drake stated. "You were asleep when I came in to wake you and I didn't want to bother." 

"Oh. I didn't even realize I went to bed. How was the parties?" I asked now looking back at Drake who was standing up from my bed.

"It was fun.Just danced a bit. that's all." Drake said looking around the room.

My clothes from yesterday were on the ground next to my reading chair. Nothing else was out of place. 

It was just a dream. I thought. I exhaled and got out of bed. 

"Did Alex catch up with you guys?" I asked looking at Drake.

"Nah, he ended up staying at the library a little late. I came home to find him in bed already." He said a little sadness in his voice.

"Oh, okay. Well at least he made it safe." I said. "I'm sorry for falling asleep, I really didn't mean to." I said grabbing his arm.

"It's all good. It's been a long school year. We all relax in hour own ways." He laughed. "I'm making some breakfast come on I know you're hungry." He smiled looking down at me.

"French Toast?" I asked giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course!" He laughed and walked out of the room. 

I gathered myself to clean up. Making my bed and putting my clothes in the hamper. I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I opened the door shaking off that last night was just na dream and stepped in. Only to find the floor soaked and the walls looking as if they were sweating, dripping with water.

"It... It was real?"