Tradition

"Come on, what's taking so long Claire?!" "IM ALMOST DONE! Gosh just let me brush my teeth for god's sake!"

It's MotoGP day, but not just any. It's the one weekend a year where it's in my country. And as each year it's the same fiasco in the morning.

I sprint down the stairs trying not to fall over and quickly put on my shoes. "Finally", my dad sights, "took you long enough." "Yeah, yeah blah blah blah",I mock him. "Hurry get in the car, we'll stop at McDonald's for breakfast." I get in the car as we drive off. This is the one day a year I look forward too, racing day.

For as long as I can remember I've been going to the TT Circuit Assen to watch all the races. From smaller local races to the big events like MotoGP. I was 5 when I went to the MotoGP with my dad for the first time. It's our thing and it will always be our thing. Skipping school on Friday, sitting on a tribune all day and watching the racers give it their all, all weekend long. From terrible crashes to unbelievable victories, we've seen it all.

"Alright, now you know the drill.." "Stay with you until we found a place to sit, then I'm allowed to go wherever I'd like. I've been here for 7 races this year only dad. I know the drill by now.", I laugh. My dad smiles and basically beams with happiness.

Ones we walk through the gates we go to the same corner like we always do. Tribune entrance H, main tribune. My dad looks at me and smiles. "Let's do this." "Yes", I smile. We take our yearly picture for his Facebook and we get to our spot on the smaller tribune.

"Alright,  I'm going to go down to the fan area at the paddock. See ya" My dad nods and I smile.

First things first I go to the sign in for the pit walk. I get my wristband, this year's wristband is lime green with white text. I pull up my hoodie as I put it on. The last 4 still on my arm, the other ones I've  outgrown and they got too tight.

"You've got a lot", I hear a deep voice say from behind me. His voice sounds content and cool yet so charming and warm. I turn around to see where the voice is coming from only to see that no one is there. I turn back to the cashier but they were busy giving tickets to other people. I stand there and wonder for a while. Who was this mysterious person?

"Excuse me?", I get snapped out of my thought," could you move theres more people that want to go to the pit walk." The cashier says politely. "Oh yeah, sorry.", I smile akwardly. I decide to walk around the fan area for a while but get back to my dad a couple minutes later for the start of the first practice.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Time skip to pit walk!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I walk through the tunnel under the track, and get to the fan area once again. But this time it's my favourite time of the first racing day. Pit walk! It's only on Fridays and not on actual "racing" days and it's the only time you can go to the pit lane without a VIP-Pass.

I get in line as the gates open. I walk through the thick brick walls into the pit lane. There is a big mass of people both walking and running to see their favourite drivers, take a picture and get their signature.

I immediately walk over to yamahas pit. The blue color flashes my eyes and it makes me feel like I'm home, because I am home. Racing is my home.

The racers get out of the box and people start cheering as they greed their fans. I look over to Jack Miller at the KTM box as he's taking a picture with a little girl. She's probably around 6 years old, maybe it's her first time meeting a driver. It reminds me of my first time meeting a driver. I was all happy and excited to meet Valentino Rossi. He was my star. (This actually happened to me! *crying*)

"You came", the same deep voice rang through my ears. I stand still as I smile. "Ofcourse why else would I have gotten...", I turn around only to see Fabio Quartararo looking at me smiling. "Hey", he says. "Hi.", I answer. I'm so confused, why would he talk to me when he's got a literal crowd of fans wanting to meet him.

"This might be very weird and probably a random thing to ask a stranger, but can I talk to you.", He asks looking rather nervous. "Uhm, yeah sure what's up?", I ask, trying to look as calm as I can. "I mean like, alone, in private.",he says and looks around at the crowd. "Uh, okay I guess. But don't you want to meet your fans?", I wonder. "Aren't you a fan?",he ask jokingly. "Well yeah but...". "Then I am meeting a fan at a very private and exclusive meet and greet. Aren't I?", He asks in a charming tone. "Yes, I suppose that's right.",I nod and smile.

"Well let's go then". "Fabio, there is a border.", I point to the metal fence that was placed earlier for the drivers safety. "Right. Wait a second.", He gives the security guard a sign and he opens a part of the fence for me. I thank the guard meanwhile Fabio walk up to me.

"Shall we.", He asks. "Sure", I smile at him. We walk away whilst leaving the crowd baffled.

-----------------------------------------------------------
957 words
-----------------------------------------------------------

And that's the first chapter! This was supposed to be only a one shot but during the writing process I got so many more ideas so I think it'll me 2/3 chapters maybe. :) Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.
~Author~