Chapter Seven "Captured"

~* Venus's POV *~

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the lighting.

I looked around, taking in my surrounding. I was in a dark room with two dungeons; one of them was occupied by me. The other one had an unconscious Earl Phantomhive.

I sighed in annoyance as I watched Ciel. He's practically useless. I actually would have preferred Sebastian, he could be useful. Too bad he's dead.

I stood up and inspected the lock. It needs a key to be unlocked. If it needed a pin code, it would have been much easier. Picking those kinds of locks are pretty easy.

I felt my shirt, trying to find the pocket knife I hid. It wasn't there, meaning they took it. I checked my boot and thankfully, they didn't take my dagger.

I started trying to pick the lock. It was a complex process, especially with this type of lock. This would be much easier if I had another metal object, a wire perhaps.

I heard a small groan come from the cell next to me. I glanced behind me and saw Ciel waking up. I ignored him and continued picking the lock.

"Venus? Where are we?" Ciel asked.

"Look around and tell me where we are," I said, rolling my eyes. Does he really think I know where we are?

"That was quite rude of you. I was simply asking a question," the Earl frowned.

I stopped what I was doing and turned around.

"Do I look like I know where we are? We were unconscious the whole time. How could I possibly know?" I questioned.

He sighed before looking around, taking in his surroundings.

"By any chance do you have something metal?" I asked, trying to pick to lock once more.

"No, I do not," he stated.

I sighed and turned around. "You have a ring. May I use that?"

He looked down at his ring before taking it off. "Will you return it?"

I didn't answer his question as I took the ring. I threw it to the ground before stomping on it. I heard a satisfying snap as well as a mad Earl's protest.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Ciel demanded.

I picked up the crushed ring before I took out my dagger. I tried to manipulate the shape, making it resemble the key hole on the lock. I was almost finished when the door suddenly slammed open. I slipped my dagger back into my boot and placed the ring in my pocket.

"I see you're awake," Liam smiled. I kept quiet, keeping my head down. How could he have done this? I cannot believe he lied to me all this time.

"Now, I would like to discuss why the two of you are here," he continued.

"You see, when I was very little-" Oh great, he's going to give us his life story.

"Pardon me, but you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn," I interrupted dryly. Liam stopped to glare at me.

"Shut up," Liam snapped.

"I wish you would," I stated.

"That's it, unlock it!" Liam ordered. One of his men had a key and unlocked my cell.

I stood my ground as one scary looking man walked up to me. He grabbed my neck and slammed me against the wall.

"You know, I hate brats like you. You think the whole world revolves around you," he snarled, spitting on my face.

I gritted my teeth, trying to control my anger. I secretly grabbed the key that was dangling from his neck before he dropped me to the ground. I gasped for air.

"I'll be back," Liam said before leaving Ciel and I alone.

"Venus, are you okay?" Ciel asked. I nodded.

"I've been through worse," I muttered before staring at the key I had in my hand.

"How did you get the key?" the Earl asked in shock.

"I stole it," I stated simply before putting it in my pocket.

"Why don't we escape now?" Ciel asked.

"They will have guards patrolling. We'll escape at night, fewer guards will be there," I explained. He nodded in agreement.

"By any chance do you know the leader? It seems like it," Ciel said. I nodded.

"He was a friend, more like a brother," I revealed, my mind flashing back to when he was kind and gentle. "I cannot believe he would do this."

Ciel kept quiet, not knowing what to say.

Is it true? Did Liam really not care about me?

-- Night time --

I inserted the key into the lock before twisting it. A click was heard before the lock opened. Ciel sighed in relief.

I walked towards his lock and tried to open it. No click was heard.

"This is the wrong key for this lock," I stated.

I started to walk towards the door but stopped when Ciel called my name.

"Venus, you cannot just leave me here!" the Earl panicked. I turned around and gave him a look of boredom.

"Fine, I shall look for the key. If I cannot find it, I will leave but come back with help," I said before opening the door.

I looked around, making sure no one was there. I silently closed the door before walking around the corner.

I instantly jumped back and pressed myself against the wall. Guards stood just around the corner.

I sighed, knowing this would have to get violent. One, two three...

I jumped from the corner. I pounced on the closest person next to me. I tackled him to the ground and grabbed his gun. Someone grabbed me from behind. I slammed my head back, causing him to loosen his grip. I dropped to the ground, sliding out of his arms. I quickly rolled out of the way as he tried to stomp on me.

I hastily stood up before slamming my gun across his head, making him fall unconscious. The guard grabbed me, holding me by the arms. The other guard stood in front of me, getting ready to punch.

I curled my body upwards, dodging the blow. Instead, he punched the man in the groin. The man whimpered before falling to the ground, cupping his groin. I turned to the last man standing before jumping onto his back. I grabbed his head and snapped it upwards to the right. I heard a satisfying snap before he dropped to the floor.

The one that I had kicked in the groin stood up shakily. I sighed. They just don't give up.

I whacked him across the head with a gun making him unconscious. I carried all three of their bodies to a nearby room before locking it.

I started to walk around once more, trying to find a key to Ciel's lock.

I stopped walking as I heard a gun cock from behind me. I slowly turned around only to see a smirking Liam.

"Where do you think you're going?"