Chapter Ten "Somehow Alive"

~* Venus's POV *~

Ciel Phantomhive is dead.

The great honorable Earl Phantomhive. The Queen's guard dog, the evil nobleman. He died from one single bullet. That doesn't sound right...

They guards surrounded me. There was nowhere to run. I stared at the Earl on my lap, wondering what will happen next.

Suddenly, a flash of black blurred my vision. It darted to the guards around me. Next thing I know, they were all on the ground, unconscious.

Sebastian stood in front of me with his usual polite smile. I stared at him. Is this another hallucination?

"Master, is this really necessary? The ground doesn't seem very comfortable," Sebastian looked at Ciel, like he was expecting him to wake up.

"I thought it would be more dramatic," Ciel opened his eyes. He sat up from my lap before standing up with Sebastian's help.

I couldn't believe the scene in front of me. Two people who I thought were dead are alive? That's impossible.

I stood up before crossing my arms. I cleared my throat, grabbing their attention.

"Would you like to explain?" I inquired, staring them down. They exchanged glances before turning to me.

"What would you like explained?" Ciel questioned. I gave him the 'really?' look.

"Oh, I would like to know how you are alive right now. A second ago, you had not pulse. You were dead," I glared at them icily. Ciel sighed.

"The bullet merely grazed me," the Earl stated. His eyes were clouded with lies. But who am I to pry?

"I saw your butler get shot. He was dead as well," I pointed out.

"Yes, that's true but I managed to get the attention of people passing by. They helped me with my wound," Sebastian smiled. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not which was quite odd. Usually I could tell.

"Whatever you say," I sighed but to be honest, I didn't believe them. They are hiding something.

New guards appeared with Liam. They cautiously took a step towards us. I took out my gun, clicking the safety off.

"How are you alive?" Liam demanded from Sebastian.

"If I couldn't stay alive, then what kind of butler would I be?" Sebastian smirked.

Liam scoffed before he nodded to his men behind them. They raised their guns and aimed at us. The sound of them clicking their safety off rang throughout the room. They were going to shoot in three, two, one...

At lightning speed, Sebastian took me and Ciel in his arms before dodging all the bullets. My surrounding blurred around me, I couldn't even tell where we were going.

I grabbed the closest thing I could and buried my face in it. A shaky breath escaped my lips as I heard bullets and screams. I've never been carried by someone, this feeling is making me feel uneasy.

Once all movements stopped, I raised my head. I was still in Sebastian's arms. I looked around. We were outside of the building. How?

"Venus," Ciel called. I turned my attention to him. "Can you please let go of my arm?" he blushed a little.

I looked down and saw that I was grasping his arm tightly. I probably buried my head in his chest. How embarrassing.

I let go hastily before jumping out of the butler's arms. "What just happened?"