Road x To x Hunter

"I want to become a hunter!"

Gon said in front of Mito and grandma.

"No, you can't, Gon!" Mito said, holding herself back from glaring at the green haired boy. "But Aunt Mito, I want to be a hunter, like dad! He's still alive out there and I want to find him—"

SLAM!

"Go to your room!" she said, eyes casting down.

Gon clenches his teeth as he sprint out of the house, "Gon!" you call out for your little brother as you watch his figure disappear into the woods.

"How did he know? Tell me!" Mito demands as you turn around and face her. "(Y/n), you told him, didn't you?" Mito mumbled, she's on the verge of crying with anger evident in her eyes.

Should you tell her about Kite?

"He...he came across my diary and read it" you told her, well it was true that Gon read your diary. Mito slumps herself on the chair and let out a defeated sigh as she rubs her temple. She knew that one day the time would come.....

~•~

The first thing you did was to find Gon, he's nowhere to be seen in the forest. "Where did he go?" you mumbled while scratching your head, you thought that he'd be with Kon but he's not here.

"Ko?" Kon nudges your feet with his tiny paws, catching your attention. You crouch down and smile down at him, "Hey, Kon-chan. Have you seen Gon anywhere?" you asked the foxbear cub. Kon shakes his head causing you to sigh, "Well, let's check the beach...." you said.

"Ko- kon!" Kon jumps on your arms as you blink in confusion. "Oh, you want to find him too?".

"Kon!"

"Haha, I'll take that as a yes" you grinned.

When you make your way to the beach, you spot Kite leaning against a tree fiddling with his cellphone. "Oh, Kite-san!" you called out to him as he turned his attention to you.

"Kite-san, have you seen Gon?" you asked the man.

"Gon, I think I saw him go that way" he said, "Oh, thanks!" you sigh in relief. "Did something happen?" questioned the white haired man, "He got into a family argument and he ran out of the house" you said.

"Let me help you find him" Kite offers, you couldn't reject his offer since it will be easier to find Gon. "Thanks, Kite-san!" you thanked him, "Please, just call me Kite. There's no need to be formal, (Y/n)" Kite gives you a soft smile. His grey eyes lands on Kon on your shoulder, "It seems the cub has opened up to the two of you quicker than I anticipated, I'm impressed" Kite said with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, sometimes it takes years for an animal to open up to a human"

"Could it be because he's a cub?"

"Probably"

Kite is really passionate with his profession as a Beast Hunter, you could it in his eyes. "Since you're a beast hunter. What animals have you discovered so far? I mean during your travels—" you questioned, Kite let out a hum before smiling widely.

"Oh, I did. I met a strange bird on an isolated island. The most interesting thing about it is that no matter where it look. It always facing south!" he said, holding up a finger.

'A bird that always facing south? Like South Bird from Skypiea? From One Piece?!' you thought. Your jaw went slack at the thought, you cover your mouth hopefully Kite didn't see it. Thankfully, he was too engrossed in talking about the bird.